Archived And it starts all over again! (Skylanders Giants)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronics Man

Electronics Team Member
Oh boy here we go again! The Skylanders craze has been renewed with the Giants. I hope all your guys launches were better than mine.

Our vendor didn't show up when she was supposed to (10/14 to 10/19 like Messageboard said) to set the display and product, so the only product we had on the floor was what the opening guys set up on the Sales Planner and LP1! So when I came in at 2:30 on Sunday, I was walking into a Warzone. I mean I was somewhat prepared, but as soon as I came in I ended up having to set up the inline POG so we at least had everything out on the floor!

I had actually called up Premium Retail and left a message, and then they called me back yesterday saying that yeah somebody dropped the ball and that they would get somebody ASAP. The lady shows up yesterday evening and barely had a clue on setting the interactive display up so I had to help her. I just hope she doesn't mess up the POG when she set the backer paper up. I had to leave yesterday at 6:30 and she was still there. I worked hard to line that stuff up correctly, and I get funny about stuff out of line lol.

All is well, but holy cow it was ridiculous! Oh and we sold out of the Granite Crusher of course. I was able to snag one for a buddy though at a different store, as they don't get as much traffic lol.

It was the only thing i pretty much sold back there on sunday before we opened we pull all the granite crusher figures and kept them at the boat that way people wouldnt fight over them and it all went perfectly and we sold out of figures by around noon. All in all a solid day

At my store, we had to have a limit of 2 per guest so it would be more fair to other guests. I felt bad for our electronics opener.

Does anyone know when different figures are coming in? We keep getting questions this week about some sort of "wave 2" that's supposedly coming in soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back