And they wonder why everyone is behind in their areas and reshop is a warzone

Oh, the guests most definitely have noticed. What they need to do is start complaining about it more.

From leadership down at my store, we are all well aware of just what a clusterfuck we are in the midst of, so there's not any absurd pressure added to the mix. We focus on the tasks we think we can control and turn a blind eye to those we can't. Occasionally we may chip away at the really bad stuff, but w/o payroll to support any routines that could keep it clean, there's really no point right now.

our stores shelves are so bare that someone thought our store was closing.... within the last few months we had no one to offload and if we did we had no floor space to off load pallets, so the truck went back to the warehouse. (this happened twice) I was told they don't dispatch them now without calling our store first.

So glad I don’t work there anymore, They don’t need to overdo it for customers by having multiple backups for more than it should be. But Target is a cult and will bend over for all customers good and bad.

our stores shelves are so bare that someone thought our store was closing.... within the last few months we had no one to offload and if we did we had no floor space to off load pallets, so the truck went back to the warehouse. (this happened twice) I was told they don't dispatch them now without calling our store first.
Biden’s America

The guests are complaining, bad surveys left and right.
I hope they continue to, Corporate and managers need to wake the fuck up but since I don’t work there anymore I don’t give a shit, I’ve made suggestions in the past and I suffered through it all since I began working there when Covid just started at the time. It’s not getting better anytime soon I hear cus I stil talk to former coworkers.

Backup to the register from the sales floor has been a thing for decades if not since forever. Target didn't used to look like it does now and backup to the register is not why you're not finishing. The reason you're not finishing is that Target has not adequately staffed their stores for years and payroll is something they like to obsess over and cut year after year because it's an easy target (no pun intended) that requires no brain power while the psychopaths at corporate and the psychopathic major shareholders line their pockets.

Believe me, the moment that they can get away with replacing you with a robot, they absolutely 1000% will. Bad news for them is then there will be no where to cut.

Backup to the register from the sales floor has been a thing for decades if not since forever. Target didn't used to look like it does now and backup to the register is not why you're not finishing. The reason you're not finishing is that Target has not adequately staffed their stores for years and payroll is something they like to obsess over and cut year after year because it's an easy target (no pun intended) that requires no brain power while the psychopaths at corporate and the psychopathic major shareholders line their pockets.

Believe me, the moment that they can get away with replacing you with a robot, they absolutely 1000% will. Bad news for them is then there will be no where to cut.
This and the general loss of tenure. So many TMs with decades of experience left that shit all rolled downhill. The TM who was relied on the do the work of three and genuinely could because of their experience left because Target started to ask them to do the work of 4 and now you have that position replaced with someone new who can only do what one person is actually supposed to be able to do.

Seems like support for Fulfillment is on another level way above backup cashiering in terms of keeping people from getting stuff done. But I think we're all feeling the squeeze in one way or another. Pickups/drive-ups are faaaaar more labor intensive and payroll is not adjusted much to compensate. It's very simple math that our company refuses to acknowledge. Even if we all bust our asses, service suffers and guests are starting to notice.

As with any organization, club, hobby group and businesses anything rank and file suggests will never be considered. Never, ever. Ge used to it. Do your best then fuck it.

This and the general loss of tenure. So many TMs with decades of experience left that shit all rolled downhill. The TM who was relied on the do the work of three and genuinely could because of their experience left because Target started to ask them to do the work of 4 and now you have that position replaced with someone new who can only do what one person is actually supposed to be able to do.
My problem was they never turned the ac on long enough in the evening so i could keep my break neck pace of running 5 peoples departments worth of service calls. So id just be dancing with heat stroke as its 105 outside and 94 in the building.

They just aren't staffing enough to support front end and flex, they have to choose which is more important.. in the beginning of the panda you could have support for flex cause it wasnt the beast it is now... but since they can't staff enough for flexes forecast with front end not staffing enough cashiers... its just causing these kinds issues. Especially when the departments that back up them aren't being adequately staffed to even bring supplies to the floor.

Back