Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
but fuck the ones that try to game the system because they just have to stock up their basement for when the liberals are coming to take their guns.
MUH SEKUND AMENMUND
I'm watching you liberals.

Is it typical Target NPC? Absolutely.
But it's NOT me. I do coupon and when I'm lucky I might have 4 or more coupons but other than that NOTHING in the description describes me. Most of the couponers that I met as a cashier did not fit any part of that description. That's what I was commenting on.

FOUR coupons? You must not work at a super target. We get tons of coupons. And as a person who uses coupons (along with cartwheel) I have to say I don't match any of your judgements.
Me neither

Not as much fun or as easy since people saw fit to steal and ignore the fraud...but target redid my jeans/ capris/tank tops one year for free asking with a friend. My bathroom hardware was also target couponed for cheap. The food pantry loved the old candle tins I made money buying...

...no cats, my marriage is wonderful, just not my work life.

But it's NOT me. I do coupon and when I'm lucky I might have 4 or more coupons but other than that NOTHING in the description describes me. Most of the couponers that I met as a cashier did not fit any part of that description. That's what I was commenting on.

The thread is about Angry Extreme Couponers. Chill the fuck out.

Sent another one up front today. Besides the fact that I don't have enough room to ring up all your shit, we were swamped! Bye Felicia!!!

Me neither

Not as much fun or as easy since people saw fit to steal and ignore the fraud...but target redid my jeans/ capris/tank tops one year for free asking with a friend. My bathroom hardware was also target couponed for cheap. The food pantry loved the old candle tins I made money buying...

...no cats, my marriage is wonderful, just not my work life.
But you burst her preconceived notions.
After all, she doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody else's opinion & attacks anyone who disagrees.
The sooner you realize & accept that, the easier it is to not care.

The thread is about Angry Extreme Couponers. Chill the fuck out.

But you burst her preconceived notions.
After all, she doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody else's opinion & attacks anyone who disagrees.
The sooner you realize & accept that, the easier it is to not care.

It's really simple. If you aren't part of the stereotype, then don't worry about it. This is a fucking thread for venting about a very specific type of guest. Why would you come here to talk about your legitimate coupon use, and about how you're and exception to a stereotype, when that was never in question? Guilt complex much? Re-fuckin-lax.

It's really simple. If you aren't part of the stereotype, then don't worry about it. This is a fucking thread for venting about a very specific type of guest. Why would you come here to talk about your legitimate coupon use, and about how you're and exception to a stereotype, when that was never in question? Guilt complex much? Re-fuckin-lax.
Note. Now I'm an angry extreme couponer, just not the one you were expecting...

I just don't understand how any normal coupon user would decide to get mad at complaints over an issue that has nothing to do with them. If you're not a piece of shit shopper, then don't worry about it! Why think it's about you??!!! WHHYYYY. I have zero sympathy for that nonsense.

I coupon like crazy every week to save on groceries and household products; even have a coupon binder but im not going to go out of my way to scam a store or a cashier or anything. i also find the stereotypes funny because ive binge watched extreme coupons or whatever the show is on t.v. and just said wtf?! i get if you want to donate it but no one needs a basement or garage with enough shampoo for a family of 8 for 6 years when it is just them and their husband..then they are seen on the episode buying more. At that point it has become an obsession and the person needs to get some help.

Not all extreme couponers are building "stockpiles." Many of them do it as a business. Check Craigslist in your area and you will see them advertise their sales. I see a lot of it in the county or city yard sale sites on Facebook too. They are operating "stores" out of their basements, garages and cars.

A lot of the Mexican coupon ladies sell the stuff they get in swap meets around here. My god mother is one if them and it was hilarious shooting down her daughter trying to coupon in my lane. Like srry we've known each other for years but that doesn't mean you get to coupon scam me.

Not an extreme couponer - but I was working the service desk and had someone come up to complain that the coupon on Cartwheel didn't work for the item they had bought. Looked at their receipt and it showed they had used a coupon. They confirmed they had used a paper coupon as well but was about to rant about the cartwheel one not working when I told them that all coupons listed on Cartwheel are considered manufacturer coupons and they can only use one manufacturer coupon per item. Sorry - can't help you save that extra $2.

I will admit - if I was at a regular register and I had scanned someone's cartwheel and then a legit manufacturers coupon didn't seem to work I would push it thru to make it right for them. I don't have time to worry if they had a coupon on their list inside the app.

But that's not true. Not all cartwheel coupons are considered manufacturer coupons only the $ off ones are. The % off ones are still considered target coupons. Its one area i think target is making a mistake with cartwheel, it is confusing people and making it easier for coupon scammers to try to scam target by complaining and trying to double up with cartwheel and paper coupons in the hopes that the employee will give up and give them both discounts.

Splitting hairs but the % ones are discounts as opposed to coupons (fixed value off like $1.00 or .5o).
The fixed value ones are manufacturer's coupons whereas the percentage ones (25% off Bel Vita) are considered Target.
The fixed value ones are also listed as 'single use'.
I attempted to use a paper manf coupon along with a cartwheel coupon when my cashier (experienced veteran) pointed that out.

Not an extreme couponer - but I was working the service desk and had someone come up to complain that the coupon on Cartwheel didn't work for the item they had bought. Looked at their receipt and it showed they had used a coupon. They confirmed they had used a paper coupon as well but was about to rant about the cartwheel one not working when I told them that all coupons listed on Cartwheel are considered manufacturer coupons and they can only use one manufacturer coupon per item. Sorry - can't help you save that extra $2.

I will admit - if I was at a regular register and I had scanned someone's cartwheel and then a legit manufacturers coupon didn't seem to work I would push it thru to make it right for them. I don't have time to worry if they had a coupon on their list inside the app.
Actually you can use 1 manafacturer coupon, 1 cartwheel coupon and 1 target coupon per item up to 4 identical combinations.

i get if you want to donate it but no one needs a basement or garage with enough shampoo for a family of 8 for 6 years when it is just them and their husband.
Gubbmints comin to take their free will! NSA Is spying on them through the shower curtains!

I fucking hate the cartwheel coupons. It's nothing but confusion for guests. In my experience they never even seem to work in the first place. Also, if a guest buys 4 of something, why doesn't the coupon work for 4 items, if that's the normal policy? I get they're one time use....but it's digital. I get asked that a lot, and no one knows the answer in my store.

I fucking hate the cartwheel coupons. It's nothing but confusion for guests. In my experience they never even seem to work in the first place. Also, if a guest buys 4 of something, why doesn't the coupon work for 4 items, if that's the normal policy? I get they're one time use....but it's digital. I get asked that a lot, and no one knows the answer in my store.
If you only have 1 coupon, it won't work for 4 items, it only works on 1.

Actually you can use 1 manafacturer coupon, 1 cartwheel coupon and 1 target coupon per item up to 4 identical combinations.
Do you have to scan them in any particular order? Because I've tried a Cartwheel $$ off coupon with a paper coupon and the system wouldn't accept both???

I give my coupons first, TM discount & cartwheel last.
It didn't take the carthwheel coupon off.

The computer calculates cartwheel last which is why you don't see it applied until you hit "total".
This way paper coupons are applied first.

I have to explain this to guests all the time because they'll try to stack paper manufacturer + cartwheel manufacturer + paper target + cartwheel target and they get all pissed when it doesn't double dip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back