Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if its just my area but we have a lot of couponers who just pretend to not really speak English right up until you tell them no. Then they become much more fluent.

Same lol They figure if they act like they can't speak English you'll get annoyed and be like ok fine just go

had a 'guest' make one of my cashiers cry yesterday because she said she couldn't do multiple transaction because of coupon restrictions. that's all she did

had a 'guest' make one of my cashiers cry yesterday because she said she couldn't do multiple transaction because of coupon restrictions. that's all she did
I stand my ground when a guest gets pissed about not being able to do split transactions with coupons. The guest then proceeds to tell me that they'll go to another lane or self checkout. I tell them that I can't stop them but I let my GSA know right away. My GSA usually deals with them.

I stand my ground when a guest gets pissed about not being able to do split transactions with coupons. The guest then proceeds to tell me that they'll go to another lane or self checkout. I tell them that I can't stop them but I let my GSA know right away. My GSA usually deals with them.
here's the thing though, the guest was just like "okay what ever" then went to guest services, came over, then just started freaking out. she only said one or two full sentences but the way she said them it already kinda hurt the cashier. needless to say she's not welcome in our store anymore even though that was her first offense.

I had someone yesterday (when there was a line, of course) who wanted to do multiple transactions. Explained multiple times that we can only do 5 "non-pharmacy items." She kept saying, "well, I'm only doing 5 per transaction." "Sorry, I can only do 5 PER CUSTOMER!" She had a stack of coupons too. After she finally left, she complained to the STL, who did come back to let us know someone complained. Said he didn't care that we denied her (front lanes did as well,) he just had to let us know.

I had someone yesterday (when there was a line, of course) who wanted to do multiple transactions. Explained multiple times that we can only do 5 "non-pharmacy items." She kept saying, "well, I'm only doing 5 per transaction." "Sorry, I can only do 5 PER CUSTOMER!" She had a stack of coupons too. After she finally left, she complained to the STL, who did come back to let us know someone complained. Said he didn't care that we denied her (front lanes did as well,) he just had to let us know.
That was a waste of his time and yours.

You're nicer than I am. I just tell them, not at my store. Not while I am here, and I am here all day long. It's a pretty simple coupon policy. My GSTLs and GSAs (all but one) back the cashiers on this. Saturdays are the worst, since they order the coupons in bulk and they need to use them up by Saturday closing before the deals change. But hey, if you want to drive to 20 different Targets for free Pantene, knock yourself out. 4 coupons at my store. End of story.

My store has instituted a no-home-printed coupons rule. We get a gob of those so this will be interesting...

My store has instituted a no-home-printed coupons rule. We get a gob of those so this will be interesting...

I'm so glad I'm not cashiering again if that's the case.

We got a lot of fraudulant ones. Favorite: $10 off Tide. Yes, that's real - not.

Any suggestions for those guests who use the coupons only to return the items right after or the next day to pocket the profits. It is coupon fraud yet the ETL's let it happen.

We quit taking back HBA items without a receipt. Although, I think with the new software, each coupon should match an item.
No same day returns unless it is at the same store. They'd need a receipt. They don't get the coupon value back. We can give them their coupons back if they want them. We mostly have tweekers doing this, trying to get gift cards under the amount that they can cash them out.

I turned a guy down yesterday he was trying to use $3 off 80ct advil coupons on 24 ct advil. It was so busy a less experienced cashier may have pushed it through but i wouldnt.

I turned a guy down yesterday he was trying to use $3 off 80ct advil coupons on 24 ct advil. It was so busy a less experienced cashier may have pushed it through but i wouldnt.

This happened so many times at my store, my favorite was two guys, one came through my line (I was a GSA at the time) and one through one of the more seasoned cashier's line. It was almost like "I gotcha now" *evil laugh*

Wow! I envy you guys. We can't say no to anything. I've been told repeatedly that if it seems sketchy I can my support it later. We live and die by, "MAKE IT RIGHT FOR THE GUEST!" There are times when I really hate my job.
How is it making it right for the guest by allowing them to commit fraud. It hurts our business and the legit guests. Not only do they get more money on a return but the product, mostly HBA, get ESIM'd.

I've straight up told people, "I can't give you more than what you paid for it" before. I've even gone as far to explain that as coupon/return fraud and that I can get in trouble for doing it. I've only said that in isolated incidents, because it's inappropriate. Usually this is in cases of same day transactions, where someone wants to return shit because we only took half of their coupons, thus their trip wasn't worth it.

If they're persistent, I post void and give them back their coupons, and I take my sweet time doing it too.

It's so scummy, it makes me sick. Such disgusting people do this crap, and it's always out of just pure greed. It's always frumpy fat women, or drug addicts. I'm all for coupons, and I'll even go the extra mile to find savings for guests. But deliberately scamming the system is something I don't tolerate. I hate that this is something I have to deal with.

We have a guy who repeatedly tried using nicorette coupons in the wrong size packages. Sorry, buddy, I'm not taking $10 off your $12 item. "But it was on the package!" Yeah, the 81ct package!!!

Not even Target ones???
I used to print them from target's website, but I've only seen manufacturers ones there lately. It's been months since I've seen any target coupons other than from the Catalina printer. Sometimes they will be in the newspaper inserts, but that's rare.

We pay for shortage in reduced payroll so no, the whole make it right thing only goes so far at my store.
This is pretty much every store. It is shortage and it drives me crazy that management turns a blind eye and does not see it as shortage. So if we are reimbursed for the coupons we accept based on sales, are returns of those items factored in??

I used to print them from target's website, but I've only seen manufacturers ones there lately. It's been months since I've seen any target coupons other than from the Catalina printer. Sometimes they will be in the newspaper inserts, but that's rare.
Really? I haven't looked in a while, but good to know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back