Animals in the Store

Y ou can be pet friendly but at the mercy of adults who can't even manage their own kids; where everything is a toy and everywhere is a playground, and create a dog park when there are two or more dogs n the store ...isn't proper for any public place of business.

Really?? I saw it all the time on a daily basis when I was working for Kroger
I imagine that varies from store to store.

Speaking of Kroger my local store is closing at 10:00 PM as opposed to Midnight because of lack of workers.

They also have a sign at the entrance stating they are starting at $11.40 an hour! Every little business in the area is paying at least $13.

Dogs are animals. There are a lot of places not appropriate for animals, and that includes just about all retail businesses.

I have recently learned on this very board that puppies and just like human babies in need of constant care and attention. Thus, if humans are allowed in Target than dogs must be too. Really, there is no difference between the two.

So because I think that animal minds who cannot comprehend that pooping, peeing, barking, humping, growling, and having zero concept of human modern living so sometimes reacting to non-threats with biting, I'm an object of ridicule?

Below is a picture of the little slab of concrete right outside my back door. The white scratches were done in only a few seconds by the claws of a dog aggressively wanting in my house after my cat. A dog that is normally people friendly. Since clearly an animal mind can switch on a dime rather than rationalize, should animal minds that can't rationalize go through 100% of society? Or do we respect Mother Nature by not setting up a situation that can fail horribly by restricting where unpredictable animals can go for everyone's safety?

If Mother Nature decides to be more of a bitch than an intact dog, for you dog owners is it fair to risk a bad situation that will end up with animal control seizing a dog that bit, even if the biting was because a child was too rough in trying to pet or a sound triggered a startle reflex?

It's why my cats stay home even though I'm a crazy cat lady. People are allergic, people have phobias, the cats can startle and react badly, the cats may steal food, the cats may find a piece of paper or something to relieve themselves. And I have a half healed mark on my neck where I grabbed them both in an emergency like a couple of footballs and ran and next thing I knew one cat was in full blown fight mode and dug a foot in my neck in an attempt to twist so he could attack the other cat.

20210808_203616.jpg

So because I think that animal minds who cannot comprehend that pooping, peeing, barking, humping, growling, and having zero concept of human modern living so sometimes reacting to non-threats with biting, I'm an object of ridicule?
I'm sorry if you felt ridiculed. That was not my intent. I just meant to make a joke. On a more serious note, this morning a man came behind the service desk and pushed my SETL because we would not accept a photocopy of his fake ID to do a no receipt return for the items he stole. I guess that's what I meant when I said humans are animals, aside from the biological fact that humans are animals.

After re-reading this whole thread, it seems as though nearly everyone (including me) agrees with your stance.

Below is a picture of the little slab of concrete right outside my back door. The white scratches were done in only a few seconds by the claws of a dog aggressively wanting in my house after my cat. A dog that is normally people friendly. Since clearly an animal mind can switch on a dime rather than rationalize, should animal minds that can't rationalize go through 100% of society? Or do we respect Mother Nature by not setting up a situation that can fail horribly by restricting where unpredictable animals can go for everyone's safety?

If Mother Nature decides to be more of a bitch than an intact dog, for you dog owners is it fair to risk a bad situation that will end up with animal control seizing a dog that bit, even if the biting was because a child was too rough in trying to pet or a sound triggered a startle reflex?

It's why my cats stay home even though I'm a crazy cat lady. People are allergic, people have phobias, the cats can startle and react badly, the cats may steal food, the cats may find a piece of paper or something to relieve themselves. And I have a half healed mark on my neck where I grabbed them both in an emergency like a couple of footballs and ran and next thing I knew one cat was in full blown fight mode and dug a foot in my neck in an attempt to twist so he could attack the other cat.

View attachment 13023

Ohh...you make a good point. Animal minds can change in an instant. That makes a big difference. A human baby can be left alone for 30 minutes. No problem really. But, since an animal can change in an instant, you obviously can never leave a puppy alone for even a second. Thus, animals HAVE to be allowed in stores so their owners parents can watch over them at all times. TMs should be allowed to bring their puppies to work even if their schedule cannot be accomodated to have a 24/7 puppy sitter. The puppies could stay in a designated backroom location, just not a crate. Let's call it a playpen.

p.s. If you think I'm ridiculing here, which I neither admit nor deny, I hope it's obvious It's not directed at you.

When I ran the backroom I would have been more than happy to have a puppy daycare center back there. Given the choice I’d rather clean up dog 💩 all day than listen to the bull💩 that the ETL-LOG was peddling…

What is your store's policy on bringing animals to Target?

Guests don't even bother to state they are "service animals" because Target never says anything anyway.

This is a health code violation because we serve and sell food.

I never see this at my local Kroger, Meijer, etc.
Technically only Leaders & AP can ask a guest not to bring an animal in or even to question them about that said animal.
Target doesn't want any Team Members doing this at all. It's just not in our handbook as a job we're supposed to do.

Back