Archived Another Fitting Room complaint.

Should fitting close an hour before the store closes?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any others stores close their fitting room an hour before their store closes?? Ok so I work in a VERY high traffic store that is constantly busy. I am put in the fitting room a lot, and it is always crazy back there, in fact, crazy is an understatement. The fitting room never slows down in traffic. After about 8PM, the fitting room person is expected by the LOD to do all the reshop so everyone else can focus and maintain their zones for the night. A big problem is the fitting room gets even more crazy busy during that tome. Around 10pm (an hour before we close) every single fitting room is full and there are usually 2-3 people waiting in line to get a room. I guess all the guest think that our store is empty during this time and they can shop and have the whole store to themselves and try on as much a they like. In reality, they all come at once and make a huge mess in the fitting room. At 10Pm, the other softlines members and I like to finish everything up and have all the reshop cleared out. But we can’t because of the insane amount of people that come to try on 20+ items an hour before we close! A friend of mine who works in a nearby target told me their STL has it so their fitting room is closed at 10 so they can use their last hour to finish all reshop. Our own STL has a rule that fitting room must come clean of ALL reshop at the end of the night, and it is impossible with the way we get hit so bad with traffic around 10. So I am wondering why can’t we do that too!? It would be so helpful.

We do have guests who still use the fitting room around closing time, but it's seldom and usually people who either have been busy all day or they're just dicking around at Target for the evening. While I don't close very often, I wouldn't be surprised if guests just came in and wrecked shit up in the fitting room considering they're more prone to doing it everywhere else once the sun goes down. Night guests can fuck off.

Like y'all stop allowing people in?

Never seen that. We don't always have an attendant scheduled til close but the people still go in. And now we have two sets of rooms + the shipping container room in men's. During the remodel, we had signs and the black barricade thingies to note that the unfinished rooms weren't open but we still had people going in, so idk that we could close all the rooms without having someone scheduled at both sets of rooms. We don't have key doors... Just the latching swing doors. Luckily during majority of the hear we don't have too much going on in the fitting room for the last hour

Our FR stays open until the store closes. I've had to ask FR guests to finish trying on their items and move to the checkout as soon as possible when announcing store close. I won't mention what happens with the reshop.... it does find a home before I clock out. I've been the only SL TM on a few nights, or maybe have 1 other TM. Can't leave the FR unattended, can't reshop beyond seeing distance. It's a joke, that's not funny or pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back