Archived Another major change coming to Logistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HQ was in my store today pushing out an update for move.
Color scheme has changed and personally I really like the new change. Unfortunately 2.0 has not fixed the issue we experience when pulling toys, the app refuses to believe toys are in fact the item they are when we scan them.

IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0264.JPG

Color scheme has changed and personally I really like the new change. Unfortunately 2.0 has not fixed the issue we experience when pulling toys, the app refuses to believe toys are in fact the item they are when we scan them.

View attachment 3567 View attachment 3568
Is Move on the PDAs? If not, are PDAs useless?

Is Move on the PDAs? If not, are PDAs useless?

Move is not on the pdas. ATM Move only replaces the 1/3/5 pulls. The Autofill section on rfapps is no longer used at my store. We still use PDAs for pulling everything else though.

Move is also where ManCafs drop into now.

Just some observations of my own and questions for other stores doing the Move test. Let's say you are pulling cosmetics, your first pull. And the last thing is a shipper in receiving. We have been told to pull all shippers and assortments when pulling (no more burning a batch). So this huge box won't fit on the three tier you started your pull on. So, in the Move app, you have to close out your cart so you can pull the box onto another flat.

Now you have a three tier with a few items in it. You can not use it again until it has been pushed and cleared out. How is this efficient? Vehicles are hard to come by and now we are forced to not use them to their full potential.

Also, you can not skip or get out of a pull like you could with the PDA's. If the team is still unloading the truck, we would save all the pulls in receiving until the truck had been completed. Now, if we need to pull something located in the steel above where they are unloading the truck, we have to do it. Right now. If we try to suspend or get out of the pull, the item drops off and is never prompted again to pull it. Is there a fix or work around for this?

The entire morning team is told not to take any located vehicles (they are ALL located) for back stock. They have to work their pull cart first and then use it for their back stock. Most of flow does not clear out the cart because it requires them all to have a Zebra to do the work properly. This seems to me to be the entire point of Move, to give all locations that a product needs to be stocked. And somewhat of an order to stock it in. A lot of extra work to do but useless because flow doesn't do their part.

The item pictures are very very nice. Don't use that feature when pulling case stock as I don't know what's in the box. And we were told that if we saw an item was not in the Waco, we did NOT have to scan every item. Just hit item not here and move on to next item. I know this does delete an item from the location, as I did it accidentally once and went back with a PDA to check and had to LOCU and rebackstock the item in.

As usual with Target, there are just not enough zebras and vehicles for all to do their job properly. And SFS needs to watch their carts. Our team was told if you need a vehicle for a pull, go take one from SFS. This may work now for a while, but in 4th quarter it will be a real problem.

Recently, we were directed to update our Sales Floor pathing, making sure it was efficient. Maybe the system will path the push for you, directing you on what to stock next. So, maybe there won't necessarily be a time limit, but you will just be faster because footsteps will be limited. Smart TMs can already do that, but those are rare.
There are plenty of Smart people but smart want to work for what they are worth not what Target thinks they are worth.

View attachment 3567 View attachment 3568
What does it believe they are if it doesnt believe they are toys?

Just some observations of my own and questions for other stores doing the Move test. Let's say you are pulling cosmetics, your first pull. And the last thing is a shipper in receiving. We have been told to pull all shippers and assortments when pulling (no more burning a batch). So this huge box won't fit on the three tier you started your pull on. So, in the Move app, you have to close out your cart so you can pull the box onto another flat.

Now you have a three tier with a few items in it. You can not use it again until it has been pushed and cleared out. How is this efficient? Vehicles are hard to come by and now we are forced to not use them to their full potential.

Also, you can not skip or get out of a pull like you could with the PDA's. If the team is still unloading the truck, we would save all the pulls in receiving until the truck had been completed. Now, if we need to pull something located in the steel above where they are unloading the truck, we have to do it. Right now. If we try to suspend or get out of the pull, the item drops off and is never prompted again to pull it. Is there a fix or work around for this?

The entire morning team is told not to take any located vehicles (they are ALL located) for back stock. They have to work their pull cart first and then use it for their back stock. Most of flow does not clear out the cart because it requires them all to have a Zebra to do the work properly. This seems to me to be the entire point of Move, to give all locations that a product needs to be stocked. And somewhat of an order to stock it in. A lot of extra work to do but useless because flow doesn't do their part.

The item pictures are very very nice. Don't use that feature when pulling case stock as I don't know what's in the box. And we were told that if we saw an item was not in the Waco, we did NOT have to scan every item. Just hit item not here and move on to next item. I know this does delete an item from the location, as I did it accidentally once and went back with a PDA to check and had to LOCU and rebackstock the item in.

As usual with Target, there are just not enough zebras and vehicles for all to do their job properly. And SFS needs to watch their carts. Our team was told if you need a vehicle for a pull, go take one from SFS. This may work now for a while, but in 4th quarter it will be a real problem.
Sadly this is part of a series of problems. We need TLs to be retrained. There are no you can't have a pda/mydevice bs because you are doing freight. If I am e2e I am not just doing freight. Nailed a TL to the wall when he tried to pull them because someone needed a mydevice for rigs. Asked him point blank 'so we aren't helping the guests?'
For all of this to work, every active TM needs a mydevice that is e2e (or for you non-e2e, backroom and sf people)

What does it believe they are if it doesnt believe they are toys?
The app just beeps once rather than three times, telling you that it isn't the correct item. If you check in myWork, the DPCIs match so for basically every toy you need to manually type in the DPCI.

The app just beeps once rather than three times, telling you that it isn't the correct item. If you check in myWork, the DPCIs match so for basically every toy you need to manually type in the DPCI.
Oh great that sounds like the bug we have in myFA when packing. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the item, even when the DPCI comes up correctly in Item Search.

So glad they replicated that bug in another system instead of fixing it.

Update,
As of today 7/31/17, POGs drop into Move not RFApps.
IMG_0271.JPG

Edit:
Well, some do. All are meant to but only some actually do. Back to the drawing board target technology team.

Edit edit:
Apparently they're back in RFApps again. Couldn't iron out all the bugs getting them in Move yet.

Last edited:
So, I work at a store that is currently piloting 'Move' as well as 'PackAndShip'.
My store will likely be getting these very soon...

We still aren't full E2E (in fact we're actually unwinding parts of it), and we still rely on autofills (manuals haven't been dropped on purpose in ages, probably years for some fillgroups).

How screwed are we?

My store will likely be getting these very soon...

We still aren't full E2E (in fact we're actually unwinding parts of it), and we still rely on autofills (manuals haven't been dropped on purpose in ages, probably years for some fillgroups).

How screwed are we?

I wouldn't know how to answer that. Move replaces the autos, so all those will drop/pull the same, it's just you need a myDevice to do them. P&S works, but is very inefficient at the moment. Me as well as other members of my team have talked directly to the developer of P&S and told him our thoughts. Mainly it's just the number of dialog boxes that you have to click 'Ok' when packing. Every single item you scan in has its own one/two dialog boxes. It doesn't seem like it'd be annoying but holy hell does it get annoying.

I wouldn't know how to answer that. Move replaces the autos, so all those will drop/pull the same, it's just you need a myDevice to do them. P&S works, but is very inefficient at the moment. Me as well as other members of my team have talked directly to the developer of P&S and told him our thoughts. Mainly it's just the number of dialog boxes that you have to click 'Ok' when packing. Every single item you scan in has its own one/two dialog boxes. It doesn't seem like it'd be annoying but holy hell does it get annoying.
Ok I thought I read somewhere that Move drops manuals only, so that's a bit better.

Not looking forward to pack and ship...that reminds me of when we used to have to back out to the main menu and go into stage container after packing each box.

Ok I thought I read somewhere that Move drops manuals only, so that's a bit better.

Not looking forward to pack and ship...that reminds me of when we used to have to back out to the main menu and go into stage container after packing each box.

Nah, Move will ideally replace RFApps entirely. All types of pulls will drop into Move. Separate apps for Sweeps and Receive are also currently being developed for integration into Move at a later date. P&S doesn't make you stage anything like that. It's the same process as it is currently on the PDA, just a little bit more inefficient (at the moment, before this is rolled out it should be as efficient as using

I don't see how Move can replace most of the reverse logistics functions in rfapps (although it would be nice to have pictures on MIRs).

And I just meant that P&S sounds inefficient, like it originally was on the PDA.

I don't see how Move can replace most of the reverse logistics functions in rfapps (although it would be nice to have pictures on MIRs).

And I just meant that P&S sounds inefficient, like it originally was on the PDA.

Yeah, I don't have a lot of information on it regarding Reverse Logistic functionality, I've only recently begun training in Receiving.

Move Update

Shit's on fire

An update pushed to my store earlier this week has broken Move. When you pull items, it doesn't actually pull them from their location. We have so many errors now.​
Cool. Hopefully they fix that before rolling it out to my store in the near future. But if not, I guess that will at least give us a good excuse for the poor BRLA.

And we were told that if we saw an item was not in the Waco, we did NOT have to scan every item. Just hit item not here and move on to next item. I know this does delete an item from the location, as I did it accidentally once and went back with a PDA to check and had to LOCU and rebackstock the item in.

This is correct. Selecting item not here does not affect currently stowed items. It adds that location to the Audit. They're currently writing and Audit app for the zebras. It just showed up on a few of ours at my store.

So it looks like the Move app won't be using SFS hold locations when they roll it out at my store. That makes me feel a bit better about it.

It'll be similar but the locations won't be ones that start with "SHP" (unless my ETL is interpreting the instructions incorrectly).

So it looks like the Move app won't be using SFS hold locations when they roll it out at my store. That makes me feel a bit better about it.

It'll be similar but the locations won't be ones that start with "SHP" (unless my ETL is interpreting the instructions incorrectly).

Our say shp although we only tagged tubs and flats not three tiers

Our say shp although we only tagged tubs and flats not three tiers
We tagged around 150 vehicles (flats, 3-tiers, tubs, uboats, and pfresh racks) using SPU hold locations. Hopefully that still works, because it's gonna be a pain in the ass to fix on the roll out day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back