Archived Another major change coming to Logistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing is starting to sound and look like a lot of extra work. I'll be the first to say inventory control is important. However, there has to limits to the process. If not, you'll create such a cumbersome process that will gridlock what your trying to accomplish.

By the way, how is softlines being handled? It should be handled the same way for continuity.

We tagged around 150 vehicles (flats, 3-tiers, tubs, uboats, and pfresh racks) using SPU hold locations. Hopefully that still works, because it's gonna be a pain in the ass to fix on the roll out day.
So...using SPU hold locations doesn't work after all...and we're going to have to go through and re-label every single vehicle with SFS hold locations.

Do you use a parent and child for Move locations or a z location?

Do you use a parent and child for Move locations or a z location?
Parent/Child, and you don't actually need the child part. Single hold locs work too, but the parent loc looks cleaner.

If you like, I can pm you the instructions my store was sent for labeling everything.

P
Parent/Child, and you don't actually need the child part. Single hold locs work too, but the parent loc looks cleaner.

If you like, I can pm you the instructions my store was sent for labeling everything.
Please!

Question. We need to start tagging. Is it good to use SHPAA-YZ and leave ZA-ZZ for SFS? From what I read in this thread, parent locations will work but not child locations

I too would like these instructions as my store didn't receive formal instructions.
It's not really formal instructions. More just a guide to how another store did it.

Question. We need to start tagging. Is it good to use SHPAA-YZ and leave ZA-ZZ for SFS? From what I read in this thread, parent locations will work but not child locations
We just did parent/child locs with one child and threw each 01 label away. I didn't want to do single hold locs (SHP Z) because we already use a bunch for SFS and I wasn't sure if it would work since those ones always have a number at the end (like SHP ZA01 there is no plain SHP ZA).

Looks like Move is rolling out company wide in a few weeks. I'm not sure what the pilot encompasses, but not every RFApps function will roll out with Move, so, PDAs will still be required.

Looks like Move is rolling out company wide in a few weeks. I'm not sure what the pilot encompasses, but not every RFApps function will roll out with Move, so, PDAs will still be required.
That's hilarious. Or scary. We still haven't started it in my district. The date keeps getting pushed back due to issues that other stores were having. Even though all the stores have our vehicles labeled and Move on the Zebras.

But there isn't logistics or flow just one big happy family on the same Spot page.
Think sarcasm font.

How do you get the zebras to work in the freezer or meat cooler lol

As I don't go in there I have no idea... The only complaint I've heard come from the market team is when the zebra froze when he was in there for like a half hour.

How do you get the zebras to work in the freezer or meat cooler lol
MyWork is okay in the coolers and freezer once it catches the signal. MOVE Takes FOREVER to change screens and when you first open the app the scanner won't come on for some reason. My routine:

Open MOVE and walk in cooler.
F*** scanner doesn't scan *goes back to MyWork and checks scanner *it works*
Opens MOVE again and walks back in cooler
*waits for batches to pull up and chooses batch*
GREAT! It pulled it up right away!
*scans first item*

*PAUUUUSEEEEEEE*

*walks back out and waits a minute*

MyWork is okay in the coolers and freezer once it catches the signal. MOVE Takes FOREVER to change screens and when you first open the app the scanner won't come on for some reason. My routine:

Open MOVE and walk in cooler.
F*** scanner doesn't scan *goes back to MyWork and checks scanner *it works*
Opens MOVE again and walks back in cooler
*waits for batches to pull up and chooses batch*
GREAT! It pulled it up right away!
*scans first item*

*PAUUUUSEEEEEEE*

*walks back out and waits a minute*

Reminds me of backstocking in storage containers in Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back