Corporate Another stab at rehire (non - rehirable)

Would you rehire a former employee who is flagged non rehirable due to job abandonment

• Yes

• No

• Depends

Results are only viewable after voting.
Every now and again I think about making another well thought out attempt at being rehired at my old Target store, which I left by way of job abandonment under duress. My first try at a comeback was a few months after my job abandonment and it went pretty smoothly, I left my number with the store manager and she said they'd give me a call and probably be able to offer me a seasonal position in which they'd decide to keep me after or let me go. However I never got a call back and I think it's either because HR immediately tossed out my application when he saw that I was flagged as non rehirable and there wasn't good communication between the store manager and HR given the situation. Or maybe they just weren't considering me for the job due to being pretty well staffed or just weren't considering me at all. This will be my second try at being rehired, but before with my first try I'd been pretty reluctant to share in detail why I had job abandoned. I'm now wondering if I'm fully one hundred percent honest about the situation will they give me a shot ? The part where it gets complicated though is that it involves a past relationship with a current TM (team member) and and an altercation between another current TM and and an ex TM in which I'm now going to trial for so I'm struggling with how honest I should be with the details a bit. I just want them to really understand it was a hard time for me and I was under a ton of pressure and I caved under all of it and reacted a way I shouldn't have. I think that sharing too much can actually hurt my chances though, but on the other hand I was honest so I'm in the middle of a small dilemma and need some advice on the matter. It would be greatly appreciated

I’d say they should give you a second chance. What I dislike is that they can’t be forward and just tell any former employee if they are rehirable or not. I’d think it’s courtesy to not waste someone’s time, if they are trying to work for the company again.

The part where it gets complicated though is that it involves a past relationship with a current TM (team member) and and an altercation between another current TM and and an ex TM in which I'm now going to trial for so I'm struggling with how honest I should be with the details a bit. I just want them to really understand it was a hard time for me and I was under a ton of pressure and I caved under all of it and reacted a way I shouldn't have.
The thing for me would be that you could have said something when everything was going down instead of running away . Because now you want to go back to the very place where current tm that you had issues still is employed. So if you were applying at my store I would say a hard no. I’m a very understanding person and and I know drama happens anywhere however you could have have the courtesy of coming forward when everything was going down and didn’t. So when you left you screwed your team. And I’m all about the team.

Back