Archived Any advice going into a GSTL interview!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a GSA at my target. I have a GSTL interview tomorrow and was just wondering if anyone had any advice for the interview. I've had some pretty crappy prep for it and I just need some help going into tomorrow

Yeah, just be confident and professional. Smile and be warm. Literally thats really it. Interviews are easy, they'll have a series of papers theyl ask questions after a little chit chat. Theyl move you onto the 2nd phase of questions with someone else. Nothin to it, you already know all the right answers. Be happy, youre movin up! Good luck.

Advice going forward; TLs are global. Meaning you are a target Team Lead, they want you to grow and not be stuck in one area. Take this leadership as an opportunity to learn higher operations. Dont limit yourself to GSTL in the long run, couple years from now youl be doing something else if youre great. Which you will be! Good luck.

Last edited:
I asked my etl ge for you without mentioning this site. Accountability will be huge, your role will be almost the same except when reds are low you will get asked why we aren't doing better and expected to coach the cashiers.

Sharing how you motivate them and deal with low performers as a GSA will be good evidence that you are ready for the raise and step up

Last edited:
Thanks! I had my interview on Saturday and I forgot to take this down. But it actually went well. I should hear the results of who got the position sometime this week but thank you to everyone that commented on this post! I appreciate it and hope everyone has a good week!!!

if it comes up in a search, the biggest thing is confidence. i was prepped and scared talking to my friends who were helping me. they passed me cause i got us green on redcards and i could have said nothing and still been fine.

scope is the biggest thing on any interview. if they ask you about where to find an item on a shelf they aren't asking do you know where product is located. they want to see you create a connection and upsell while pointing them to the item. they want you to know you have an opportunity to build their basket size while talking to them and you can also create an experience that makes them come back to you.

if it comes up in a search, the biggest thing is confidence. i was prepped and scared talking to my friends who were helping me. they passed me cause i got us green on redcards and i could have said nothing and still been fine.

scope is the biggest thing on any interview. if they ask you about where to find an item on a shelf they aren't asking do you know where product is located. they want to see you create a connection and upsell while pointing them to the item. they want you to know you have an opportunity to build their basket size while talking to them and you can also create an experience that makes them come back to you.

So like the drug dealers i knew in College? the last part is what did.

I miss College.

Funny fact, the kids who sold drugs at the College i went to have better jobs than I do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back