Archived Any D-ish volume receivers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soda Vendors:

Weeks when soda is 4 for 10, we get a ridiculous amount of soda pallets in our store. Currently we have 10 pallets on the line. Do you all have the same issue? If not, how does it work at your store? Do your vendors add order days? We have 3 soda vendors - Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew/Dr. Pepper. Each one only orders once a week, is this right? We have 4 pallet spaces on the ground and leave the shelf over those available for their empty pallets. There is bot a lot of info on workbench about what to expect from these guys, so any help is appreciated!

My old store got 2 pallets each coke/Pepsi. When orders came they were expected to work it down to fit to those 2. Many refused orders in my days there. They always over ordered

There's info on workbench about vendor space allocation. I think for D volume, you're looking at 1-2 pallet spaces per vendor, with maybe an additional two spaces for ad weeks. DTL has been on us to force vendors to stick to allocated space and refuse orders when they start taking excess space. This can be hard on ad weeks depending on when vendors deliver, but stick to your salesman to only order what's necessary. I think only Pepsi gets commission on how many pallets they bring in, something to consider.

Vendors will jerk you around all day, I'm not sure what the answer is for some of the situations. We have a coke salesman who says they can't add any drops so they have to frontload us heavy on Monday, which I find hard to believe. Our store is very lax on gas stations coming in and purging our stock so it's hard to justify refusing orders if that's the case.

I will try to find the vendor space allocation guide if you can't find it. My advice is to stick to the guide and do what's best for your store, but give no leeway to your vendors in that regard. Give your receiver plenty of room to refuse orders if receiving starts getting clogged.

Soda vendors are allocated 4 spaces for D-volume and thats what we give them. I know Coke used to order twice a week at our store but cut it down to one order sometime last year. I'm trying to find info on if we can demand they do 2 orders on heavy weeks like 4 for 10 because having an entire side of the line clogged with soda pallets is a waste of my time getting ready for our GM trucks.

That's a fight you'd have to take up the chain. You can potentially either MySupport vendor issues or get the number of the salesman's boss. I imagine you'll get a slew of no's but MySupport is the recommended way for vendor issues as it eventually gets sent to field leadership if it makes it that far. If you don't want to use MySupport, maybe bark up the store leadership chain and your STL can ask your DTL/Operations director.

I plan on fighting this myself with Coke soon. I'm getting tired of his excuses and his drop days are something stupid, like Monday, Friday, Saturday.

I hear you, recently it seems like receiving is transitioning into a soda/wine warehouse.

From what I hear, HQ has been fighting it out with vendors about this kind of thing. It's nothing new, we're all kind of battling out at the store levels ourselves.

We have two spaces each for coke and pepsi, 7-up has like half a pallet spae, but our vendors always keep excess, which leads us to get annoyed, and have to find places to shove them to set the truck line

We had 14 pallets of soda delivered today just between Coke and Pepsi, but it's selling so fast that it's hard to complain. They're sending merchandisers every day, sometimes multiple times a day, to push it all out.

Have you tried asking the sales reps about adding deliveries during heavy weeks?

Also, are you letting them drop pallets at the front of the store? That can help some as well.

Soda Vendors:

Weeks when soda is 4 for 10, we get a ridiculous amount of soda pallets in our store. Currently we have 10 pallets on the line. Do you all have the same issue? If not, how does it work at your store? Do your vendors add order days? We have 3 soda vendors - Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew/Dr. Pepper. Each one only orders once a week, is this right? We have 4 pallet spaces on the ground and leave the shelf over those available for their empty pallets. There is bot a lot of info on workbench about what to expect from these guys, so any help is appreciated!

I forced my vendors to delivery daily and held them to a 2 pallet off sale 4 pallet on sale max. Coke regional manager tried to call my bluff once.

I called Pepsi and told them I was subbing them 4 for 10 if they could get me service for every day that week. You have this power. Once I essentially revoked all of their sales, magically they had a truck there every morning.

Alternatively if you need the space badly for summer soda/water sales, and you have at least 3 bays, contact your dc and see about getting an empty parked to store sale water and soda. If your demand is really that high, you can justify the cost of the trailer by saying the soda sales offset it.

Well, I guess I know why there is so much soda in our store now: 4 for 8.88 is probably the best deal I have ever seen.

Your store isn't a warehouse for them. They need to deliver as needed and not as they desire.
Are you actually selling through those 10 pallets? If yes, then you should work with them to get an extra delivery as your sales support the cost. If not, tell them to fuck off and refuse any extra space requests until they get it under control.

Well, I guess I know why there is so much soda in our store now: 4 for 8.88 is probably the best deal I have ever seen.
5 for $10 a few years back. I remember hearing some store that went through a crazy amount of pallets. But I think they weren't restricting limits either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back