Any DC's with rebin heard about it being reduced and mbp going back to legacy?

Just wondering if any other DC's with rebin got the same news we did.

Supposedly they are sending all hardlines back to legacy/regular packing and about 25 tm's per shift have to job change out.
Id wager it will be fully removed within a year or two as its never worked very well.

Funniest part of it all is they ripped out the majority of the old packing mods and replaced them with racking and bulk aisles.

Anybody else with rebin hear anything about this?

Over q1 they will be transitioning soft lines to legacy. They will leave hardline zones in at as go through auto (mostly). The split will be roughly 65 legacy and 35 AR. This will be for the remainder of the year as target works on saving $1b this year.

They're specifically telling packers to job change into WHS/IB here. Feels like they want to push everyone there to keep them overstaffed to save on payroll.

Over q1 they will be transitioning soft lines to legacy. They will leave hardline zones in at as go through auto (mostly). The split will be roughly 65 legacy and 35 AR. This will be for the remainder of the year as target works on to put $1b to Cornell’s bank account this year.
Fix for you

I work in rebin and we just received notice that we are going into mandatory flex downs in two weeks. I have been trained in legacy so I hope that I don't get affected as much but sucks. They talked about moving people to in/outbound but that hasn't happened yet to anyone on my shift that I know of. To be honest most workers in rebin do a half-ass job so that doesn't help. I bust my ass every shift tho because I value my job and it might not be much but it gives me some purpose. I'm already thinking about looking for another job as I can't lose hours let alone days. They really didn't explain how flex downs work either. I mean do we get a weeks notice or just the day before or the day of that we are losing hours? I can't really make myself available all weekend and Monday if I am not going to be getting hours. I am not worried about finding another job because I will work hard doing whatever but sucks because I really like working here. Hopefully I won't lose our too much and maybe I can find a small part job during the week idk but I wish everyone else in the other rebins luck

I work in rebin and we just received notice that we are going into mandatory flex downs in two weeks. I have been trained in legacy so I hope that I don't get affected as much but sucks. They talked about moving people to in/outbound but that hasn't happened yet to anyone on my shift that I know of. To be honest most workers in rebin do a half-ass job so that doesn't help. I bust my ass every shift tho because I value my job and it might not be much but it gives me some purpose. I'm already thinking about looking for another job as I can't lose hours let alone days. They really didn't explain how flex downs work either. I mean do we get a weeks notice or just the day before or the day of that we are losing hours? I can't really make myself available all weekend and Monday if I am not going to be getting hours. I am not worried about finding another job because I will work hard doing whatever but sucks because I really like working here. Hopefully I won't lose our too much and maybe I can find a small part job during the week idk but I wish everyone else in the other rebins luck
The move from rebin to another department might be challenging for lots of current rebin employees as these other departments are MUCH more physically demanding. Best of luck to anyone who tries. Stay persistent and you will succeed.

Back