Archived Any news on mobile payments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss my CurrenC. Any ideas when we will come back to the 21st century in payment options?

Ive been using Samsung pay for awhile now. Been no issues at Target. If you have a capable device try it out. Their rewards program is pretty nice too!

People actually liked CurrentC? That thing was a pice of shit. Spot needs to start accepting Android wallet and Apple Pay. People don't want to hunt for an app just to pay. That's why CurentC failed. I hope it stays dead.
It bundled redcard and team member discount didn't it? The other options are great for guests, but not a tm wanting all their discounts...

It bundled redcard and team member discount didn't it? The other options are great for guests, but not a tm wanting all their discounts...
I don't think it's that hard to swipe your ID number and then left NFC handle the rest assuming Android Pay/Apple Pay allow the Redcard to be saved.;

Wal-Mart in my area accepts "Wal-Mart Pay" through their mobile app, but when you use it... you don't get a physical receipt. The problem is... a lot of the time, they ask for receipts as your leaving the store. And I don't like the idea of handing over my phone for 2/3 minutes as someone hunts down something on my receipt.

Not only that... but would you really trust Wal-Mart's Servers with your Credit Card information? I agree with everyone else, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay is far superior and more secure. CurrentC and Retailer's App Suck.

I don't think it's that hard to swipe your ID number and then left NFC handle the rest assuming Android Pay/Apple Pay allow the Redcard to be saved.;
What's the point of using some technology? I have my tm discount card saved to Keyring, but that's two apps...

...I haven't played with samsung pay yet...or Android Pay. It's on my spare time list.

Target has been saying they're working on adding Apple Pay for a couple years now, nothing has come of it

Target has been saying they're working on adding Apple Pay for a couple years now, nothing has come of it
that might be because of MCX or CurrenC or whatever it was called. Contracts were signed exclusivity was agreed to. then CurrenC died the death for it was never meant to be. Now Target is coming up with something "better. well no it's coming up with some half baked broken kludge of stinking pile of code that'll be dropped within six months then they'll switch to Apple Pay and Android Pay.

bitterness flows like water some times. I should go and watch Too Cute on the animal planet channel or something

What's the point of using some technology? I have my tm discount card saved to Keyring, but that's two apps...

...I haven't played with samsung pay yet...or Android Pay. It's on my spare time list.
Samsung Pay is the easiest, and requires nothing special on the vendor end of things. Anywhere that you can slide your card basically you can use it. Plus reward points for spending money on it, and referral money is nice. Ive redeemed over $200 worth of deals since October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back