Archived Any of you guys have to carry around ipads now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the gstls at my store carrying ipads around everywhere now. All I've heard is that they're a pain..Wondering what you guys think about it..

I'll gladly take that Ipad off their hands ... stop looking at me like that AP guy .

We don't have to carry it around, but we do have two of them. We leave one at guest service for price matching while the other one normally stays in the CO. If we're feeling frisky we'll take 'em both out and have a GSTL one and a service desk one.

Hardlinesmaster, I too have been using my iPod touch to give guests AMAZING service when the PDA's are running slow.... or when the item the guest is looking for returns 1,436 search results in the appropriate division......

i love talk to the search field of target app to find an item. if you say slow & clearly enough, it will tell you where to go & if in stock.
way cool!

I have carrying my itouch on the Salesfloor. Sometimes it is faster than my PDA to find stuff.

Hardlinesmaster, I too have been using my iPod touch to give guests AMAZING service when the PDA's are running slow.... or when the item the guest is looking for returns 1,436 search results in the appropriate division......

Mind if I ask how you guys use the iTouch to item search & what not? I carry mine with me on every shift, usually to help sell cases & screen protectors on my electronics shifts, & to use the WiFi while on break. I'd love to know if there are any tips or tricks to it or if you're simply using the Target app (which I also have already). There are times I want to chuck my PDA/LPDA out the entrance doors for being slower than dirt or for losing connection with the network or having the battery die. Our store's batteries suck & it's hard to keep a good working PDA, without changing them out or swapping batteries constantly. The LPDA batteries are all junk now since the small tabs snapped off, due to team members dropping them frequently.

Anyway, any help is appreciated!

PS - RGIS should be coming to check your batteries and replace the sucky ones :)

Yeah you won't see me carrying the ipad anywhere... Not going to risk having to set it down for 2 seconds and having it disappear. Going to be honest, sometimes I have to set my clipboard down, and I'm always losing that!

Mind if I ask how you guys use the iTouch to item search & what not? I carry mine with me on every shift, usually to help sell cases & screen protectors on my electronics shifts, & to use the WiFi while on break. I'd love to know if there are any tips or tricks to it or if you're simply using the Target app (which I also have already). There are times I want to chuck my PDA/LPDA out the entrance doors for being slower than dirt or for losing connection with the network or having the battery die. Our store's batteries suck & it's hard to keep a good working PDA, without changing them out or swapping batteries constantly. The LPDA batteries are all junk now since the small tabs snapped off, due to team members dropping them frequently.
Anyway, any help is appreciated!
Download the mobile app for spot. Setup an acct with target.com(great for ordering & ck bal on red card). Then set your location with your profile(no more thinking about). Then, start playing with the multi programs like weekly ad, products, store, lists, etc. the barcode is cool. Scan the UPC & go to town.
Here is the link for more details on the mobile app:
http://www.target.com/spot/mobile/landing

FYI, Black Friday ad is on the mobile app! Sweet. You type in the dpci under search too!
If you know the dept & sub group, it will list related to it. For ex: enter 249130000(249-13-0000 dpci), will be bring all Nolan furniture. That's cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back