Any old pricing TM/TLs here?

Hi all

My store just started scheduling pricing team members again for March's increase in labels. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what a reasonable number of labels per hour and tickets per hour is so I can assign workload accordingly and give them a goal to work towards. Any old leads or team members know those goals? Also does anyone know what the schedule is for price change? I know clearance drops for certain departments on different days and labels seem to be heavier for other departments depending on the day of the week.

150 seems steep to me and I work at a relatively brisk pace. But I also don't take super close note of how much I get thru in an hour so maybe it is higher. I always aim to knock out 100 DPCIs/hr. Clearance drops tend to happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I wouldn't worry too much about tickets/hr since the majority of clearance is labels now (outside of style, obviously).

150 seems steep to me and I work at a relatively brisk pace. But I also don't take super close note of how much I get thru in an hour so maybe it is higher. I always aim to knock out 100 DPCIs/hr. Clearance drops tend to happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I wouldn't worry too much about tickets/hr since the majority of clearance is labels now (outside of style, obviously).
Steep but that’s what hq says. We had people scheduled just for labels .

Steep but that’s what hq says. We had people scheduled just for labels .

150/hr is ridiculous with guests, poor zones, and shit flexed everywhere. I had to do all the NOP clearance/salvage for PP2 a couple of Saturdays ago. It was about 200 total. Took me 5 hours because I had no idea where in the ever loving fuck TMs were putting that shit.

150/hr is ridiculous with guests, poor zones, and shit flexed everywhere. I had to do all the NOP clearance/salvage for PP2 a couple of Saturdays ago. It was about 200 total. Took me 5 hours because I had no idea where in the ever loving fuck TMs were putting that shit.
That’s why you use store option endcaps for all the nop clearance

Back in the day, it was 1000 per 8 hour shift. Completely doable.
I wish someone would tell that to the person who makes our schedule.
Last week we had over 7K price change and 15 hours scheduled- one person, 3 days, 5 hours per day.
We used to go fast by scanning all the labels then quickly putting them up. We were told we MUST scan EACH AFTER it is up - ONE at a time - waiting more than 10 seconds between scans. The math is 7000 labels X 11 seconds = 77K seconds which is over 21 hours with not even a delay of a second - so obviously it didn’t ALL get done correctly.
I am so frustrated that we are not given enough time to get the job done !
Of course in the end we are told it didn’t get done because “we didn’t have a plan”.

That sucks. When Target brought up the "price change surge," it estimated about 4000 changes and to schedule about 40 hours--right in line with the 1000/8hrs. Someone at your store really dropped the ball. I mean, we literally just blew payroll to fix the entire company's pricing and they are willing to screw the process almost immediately?! Tell them your plan was to schedule the alotted hours so you could get the job done.

*I do understand the need to scan after the labels are up, given the recent cluster about pricing.

Our store got all the communication about the extra price changes. Still didn’t schedule anyone. Who do you suppose is doing it? Add to that we are having to continuously cancel trucks because we can’t catch up and then they have to cut payroll because we are canceling trucks. We are in a spiral and can’t seem to get out of it.

I don't think my store scheduled anyone either. I had about 200 labels for price change for my section alone today and it wasn't my normal price change day. Took me about an hour to do. But that is an hour of truck I wasn't able to finish.

I wish someone would tell that to the person who makes our schedule.
Last week we had over 7K price change and 15 hours scheduled- one person, 3 days, 5 hours per day.
We used to go fast by scanning all the labels then quickly putting them up. We were told we MUST scan EACH AFTER it is up - ONE at a time - waiting more than 10 seconds between scans. The math is 7000 labels X 11 seconds = 77K seconds which is over 21 hours with not even a delay of a second - so obviously it didn’t ALL get done correctly.
I am so frustrated that we are not given enough time to get the job done !
Of course in the end we are told it didn’t get done because “we didn’t have a plan”.
There’s a report on Greenfield regarding this: Price Change Task Activation Speed and yes, you may end up on the naughty list for having too great a % of tasks below 10 seconds since that means you aren’t following best practice.

They just want to avoid last month without actually solving the overall issue which is: dedicated teams with the hours to do these tasks.

But that's not for every store. Only the ones that make enough sales above the predetermined threshold.

Once it becomes the rule and not the exception, then it's back.

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be optional and not mandatory like Plano/“Presentation Expert” is. My store schedules for Presentation, so I’m (hopefully) expecting us to schedule Pricing when it comes.

But will they give stores the additional payroll hours for those positions is the question.

IDK. All I know is that it’s coming back. Stay tuned for the April Monthly Planner.

We are a ULV store and our presentation team and PPTL position never went away. I even trained a few new PPTL‘s for other stores.

Pricing team was dismantled about a year ago and price change/clearance throughout the store was basically non-existent, hardly anyone had time for labels/ticketing. Sometimes the Plano team would ticket clearance after setting an aisle but we didn’t always have time. It has been a few weeks now that we have a pricing tm scheduled 15-20 hours per week - it isn’t enough but it is better than it was !

Question:
Do you :
A. Follow best practice and scan each label AFTER it is up ?
or B. Scan them all and then hang them all ?

we were scanning all and were told NOT to. I get that. We tried, we really tried to put up, scan, put up scan. We were NOT finishing !
— it took too long, also:
-tm’s were forgetting to scan and they would print again the next day which caused us to return to the same locations only to find the label already there but not activated !
waste of effort, paper and time.

we are back to scanning first, then putting up.
give us more hours and we will do it right.

Question:
Do you :
A. Follow best practice and scan each label AFTER it is up ?
or B. Scan them all and then hang them all ?

we were scanning all and were told NOT to. I get that. We tried, we really tried to put up, scan, put up scan. We were NOT finishing !
— it took too long, also:
-tm’s were forgetting to scan and they would print again the next day which caused us to return to the same locations only to find the label already there but not activated !
waste of effort, paper and time.

we are back to scanning first, then putting up.
give us more hours and we will do it right.

I scan all the labels for each aisle/pog, then put them up before moving on to the next aisle/pog. I also don't walk away from any labels that have been activated- I put them up first. That way, I (or anyone else) know exactly what is done.

I scan all the labels for each aisle/pog, then put them up before moving on to the next aisle/pog. I also don't walk away from any labels that have been activated- I put them up first. That way, I (or anyone else) know exactly what is done.
Ooo. I like that. Thanks for the idea. i am doing it that way from now on.
I was always concerned if the labels got misplaced it is a problem cause they are already activated.
‘but your way - only one aisle at a time is way less of an issue.

Back