COVID-19 Any other stores being cleaned out of cleaning products?

I know I am in a state with a lot Covid-19 aka Corona virus activity but our store positively has been ransacked for any and all disinfecting products, hand sanitizer, wipes, spray. Anyone else seeing this at their store? Or just where I live people are in full panic mode?

Midwest here too. We're starting to see some panic. Some things we're out of. Others haven't really caight on yet. It's a slow rolling panic that seems to build little by little everyday.

Like we were doing less OPU orders than black Friday level but way out of bounds for a first week of march. Five of us picking and still could just keep up.

Like we were doing less OPU orders than black Friday level but way out of bounds for a first week of march. Five of us picking and still could just keep up.
Same here. 250% to forecast today and 180% for this week. It’s been super busy and lots of eaches.

North Tx rural. 2 Walmart’s 1 Sam’s-low on rice and beans. No masks, gloves. Low on sanitizer. Low on cold/flu medicine all brands. Out of store brand aspirin. Out of disinfectant aerosol sprays, low on all brands bleach, all brands toilet paper. Saw about double the number of grocery pick ups. More shoppers than usual but no urgency. I was able to pick up some things at a Mom and Pop place but with a mark up. I have a frequent flyer in my household so I’m expecting...Mr. Murphy.

Sold out of masks and hand sanitizer. When we get new shipments in it is all gone within an hour. Selling more cleaning supplies than usual. People are starting to panic and there is no case of the virus anywhere near us.

so.cal and out of sanitizer and face masks

havent paid attention to disinfectants and cleaning stuff in general tho. no one's asked me about em so i assume its fine

Low/out of sanitizer, rubbing alcohol & kids' pain reliever. I don't know if we carried masks before, but if we did, we're out now.

Cleaning supplies thus far, except one type of Lysol spray, has been fine.

Midwest here. They aren't buying us out of house and home, but we're starting to have trouble keeping up with OPU's and flexis, and you can tell Shipt is getting busy too. I'm kind of surprised because we do have a large Chinese population in our city and I'd think people would be more concerned.

Had a guest come in almost as soon as the door opened yesterday and purchase $200 worth of hand sanitizer. (My Inner Cynic wondered how many of these bottles were going to make it onto FB Marketplace at exorbitant prices.) By the time my shift was over midafternoon, we were cleaned out. OPU was overwhelmed and it was INF City.

We haven't had masks for a week and a half, and for the past couple of days, people have also been buying bottled water in "oh-no-there's-a-snowstorm-or-hurricane-or-maybe-an-apocalypse coming" fashion.

ETA: Southeast.

Last edited:
It depends on the lysol product you use. Some have hydrogen peroxide, some have benzalkonium chloride, others have different active ingredients.

Thanks, Antennae. Both should be effective. Benzalkonium chloride was on the list above, and hydrogen peroxide should be as effective against coronavirus as other viruses (though perhaps less practical for cleaning large offices or whatever that guide was aiming for, so it wasn't included there).

Back