Any tips for a new Closing TL?

My start date for my new job as closing TL is coming up, and I was wondering if you guys have any advice for someone in my position? I haven't worked at target before, and I'm going to approach my first few weeks with an open and leaning mindset

Ours is a punk 10 years younger then the closing TM s. Say they will get written up if they are caught talking to each other on the floor. Written up for zebra not being in its cradle at the end of the night....
Well that's part of the job. Device management is a big part of the closing routine and talking should be kept to a minimum at work.

My start date for my new job as closing TL is coming up, and I was wondering if you guys have any advice for someone in my position? I haven't worked at target before, and I'm going to approach my first few weeks with an open and leaning mindset
With no target experience that is a difficult job to do well. Learn as much as you can training and make sure your getting quality training and not just doing tasks for the store.

Closing TL for 2+ years here. Build a strong routine amongst yourself and your team. Also, hold your TL peers accountable to their plans and outcomes. Make sure they aren’t dumping a mess on you when they leave. Also, like someone stated do not get stuck doing tasks all night. You need to lead and you need to be available.

Did spot tell you about the etl inbound thing?

For every lead I give the same advice. Do NOT piss off your team. You dont need to be friends but be cordial at worse. Thry WILL leave you to drown if you do. Listen to those willing to speak up and have solutions. If you dont have them inform them you will find out. Having a reliable team leaves you to do your TL duties withput worry of things not getting done

For every lead I give the same advice. Do NOT piss off your team. You dont need to be friends but be cordial at worse. Thry WILL leave you to drown if you do. Listen to those willing to speak up and have solutions. If you dont have them inform them you will find out. Having a reliable team leaves you to do your TL duties withput worry of things not getting done
What best practices do you guys think closing TLs should have to establish a solid working relationship with your team? Particularly to those who aren't your direct reports?

What best practices do you guys think closing TLs should have to establish a solid working relationship with your team? Particularly to those who aren't your direct reports?
This may be common sense but don't be afraid to reach out through email if your not getting the communication you need from your peers. Especially your inbound TLs as you probably won't see them often. Your closing can greatly effect there starting operations and vice versa so it's unfortunate you don't get to interact with them much.

Ours is a punk 10 years younger then the closing TM s. Say they will get written up if they are caught talking to each other on the floor. Written up for zebra not being in its cradle at the end of the night....

Well that's part of the job. Device management is a big part of the closing routine and talking should be kept to a minimum at work.
Talking on the floor ...I v never heard talk other then about the job. TM s only have each other to learn from, receive feedback and support from the daily in s and outs of each work center, learning from a veteran working with you that shift you puck their brain. That s the TM that gets yelled at. The TM princesses that always ask to leave early, complain about their work, and argue with guests, have Leads running to HELP them. The rest of us gotta make 2,3 walkie calls to get a lead out of the office and up to GS.

Device management in the cage is NOT part of my job. If one of the stores princesses knock my mydevice off its cradle as she tosses her s in there...I get written up,???

Wanna jump back in here...I have had an opportunity to watch the CLTL in action in their workcenter of origin and they are a "bad ass". 👍 They've calm cool and collected talked down everyone from a gang-banger to a local wealthy grand ma without having to pop the gift card drawer to get them out of the store and not break a sweat. He actually gets calmer and even more concise as the showdown wears on sometimes. However the new opu room/Rev. Log are he helped redesign looks like he can't even read. Overall he s a corporate keeper likely.

Back