Archived Any TL's here ever went on an education LOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did it entail? How long? Did you have to prove its for school? I need to take a educational LOA id be back by next years Black Friday. Starting the summer semester June. I understand my job may not be here when I get back. Im just looking for info the process how much snooping they are doing.

Reason Im asking is I dont want my leadership snooping for personal reasons however I am actually going to school during this time just have to cut out Target .

Reactions: Him
I was under the impression that, for leadership roles, there is a max amount of time you are allowed to take off for an LOA before you're either demoted or termed. Someone from my store had to take a medical LOA and could not physically be back on the job soon enough so they were termed.

Target is a business and it's important to have those who are in leadership roles be in the store.

TMs cannot go a full calendar year without working at least 1 day in order to avoid being termed.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that, for leadership roles, there is a max amount of time you are allowed to take off for an LOA before you're either demoted or termed. Someone from my store had to take a medical LOA and could not physically be back on the job soon enough so they were termed.

Target is a business and it's important to have those who are in leadership roles be in the store.

TMs cannot go a full calendar year without working at least 1 day in order to avoid being termed.

Thanks I'm only looking for 4 months. I'm willing to take a demotion But I'm sure they would want to keep me due to my performance or I'd prolly go to a nearby district. I'm looking for any TL who was gone through an educational LOA. I'm just curious about the process and etc.

AP, I wish I would've taken advantage of this back when I was a TL. Good luck to you.

Someone from my store had to take a medical LOA and could not physically be back on the job soon enough so they were termed.

Medical and personal LOAs have a time limit, educational do not.

HOWEVER.

If you take an ed LOA as a TL your position likely wont be there (at the same store) when you come back. They dont hire temporary TLS. When you came back from LOA you will be on the TL bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back