Anyone here deal with mental illness?

For those in a state where it's illegal, what about medical marijuana? Surely there's doctors willing to consider that there may be beneficial effects on mental health.

@OneArmedJesus There actually are places where it will put you in jail. DA up for re-election and doesn't want to look soft on crime or a judge that is pissed that yet another druggie is standing before him and wants to make an example, that's all it takes. Even misdemeanors often have potential worst case sentences that involve jail time.

For those in a state where it's illegal, what about medical marijuana? Surely there's doctors willing to consider that there may be beneficial effects on mental health.

@OneArmedJesus There actually are places where it will put you in jail. DA up for re-election and doesn't want to look soft on crime or a judge that is pissed that yet another druggie is standing before him and wants to make an example, that's all it takes. Even misdemeanors often have potential worst case sentences that involve jail time.
No one asked

Aredhel

Jolly Rancher

I’ve lived in those states. Been stopped and searched for no reason, harassed by law enforcement for no other reason than the length of my friend’s hair.

Hey, for those who tried melatonin and failed, how long did you try it for? When my Seroquel was cut in half and I was only sleeping 3-4 hours, the first week on melatonin only added an hour or maybe two. But two more hours was great so I kept taking it, and after about a month of taking melatonin every night I was snoozing 9 hours easy. If no one has tried a long term (month+ ) regular dose, maybe try that. It's very easy to stop, when I hit the 9 hour snooze time I cut the dose in half because I was afraid of not sleeping if I stopped suddenly, and then two weeks later I stopped regular use. Now it's when the brain just won't shut up and my running commentary is "spoken" loud and jarring, or when I'm stupid and have caffeine before bed.

PassinTime

Checkout Diva
when I hit the 9 hour snooze time I cut the dose in half
Can't even fathom 9 hours sleep on a regular basis! Only times I've hit that was when I was very sick or pulled an all nighter.

Unfortunately, I'm not wired to sleep long, and haven't since I was born. According to my mother, I stopped napping when I was a year old.

Maybe I'll give melatonin another try. What dose did you start at?

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Medical is legal in my state but they’ve made getting it a huge PITA. First you have to pay a bunch of money for an office visit in the hope that the doctor will cooperate (most of them will balk at you like you’re an opiate addict trying to score more Oxy and/or recommend a shittier alternative like Ambien). If they do authorize it then you get that paperwork to the Medical Cannabis Authority and pay several hundred bucks to apply for a license and hope it goes through. I’ve heard of it taking weeks to months to go through and if it doesn’t, you won’t see any of that money back. And then finally there are maybe 10 dispensaries in the whole state and the closest one is a 50 minute drive.

Back when I was a regular smoker all I had to do was text my hookup and an hour later the doorbell would ring with my delivery. Impressive selection too. He made regular trips to Colorado and brought back a shitload of flowers, pre-rolled blunts, wax, edibles and even THC-infused vape juice. I usually went with wax because it’s the most bang for your buck and stinks way less than regular trees.

Amanda Cantwell

Guest Service & Photo
Thanks @Amanda Cantwell and @Tessa120

At least I have a frame of reference in which to work. One of my allergy sprays makes me groggy which is why I use it in the evening.
You can always start at like 2 mg pills, if that doesn’t work, take two of them, etc. I wouldn’t take more than 5-6mg without talking to doctor first.

No one should work at a job if they feel depressed from it. If you don't like it then you should try go find something else targets not for everybody. Target s culture is energy × 100. And more energy upbeat, smiling, on stage. Happy helping you get the picture. Working at target is like being an actor. Always on stage. They etls HATE whiners, complainers, and general mopey dopey tms. Call outs, and late for shifts. It's not your fault if this is something your not but do yourself a favor and find something more suitable to your particular energy level and talents.

can't touch this

Store Meme Leader
Okay so a word of caution about overdoing it on marijuana, especially when other meds are combined. I did this afternoon against my better judgment (a day after my first Adderall scrip in many months was filled) and this was the first time since after I stopped using marijuana for nearly 3 years. It got me stupidly high in a very unnerving way, which has never happened to me before. I took one medium-sized rip on some dabs and pretty soon I was hearing my own voice telling my roommate things that I remember saying but in a dissociated state as if I was hearing someone else talking and had no control over what I said. I don’t like getting high on shit that causes ego-death (freaks me tf out) and if this is to be a regular occurence I will be reselling the rest of my sack to somebody else. Gigantic transcontinental yikes, people. Lasted way too fucking long too, like 7+ hours. I only regained the ability to type out coherent sentences about an hour and a half ago. Tl;dr I’m hoping the Addies had something to do with it and it wasn’t the pot. I need my shleep.

Okay so a word of caution about overdoing it on marijuana, especially when other meds are combined. I did this afternoon against my better judgment (a day after my first Adderall scrip in many months was filled) and this was the first time since after I stopped using marijuana for nearly 3 years. It got me stupidly high in a very unnerving way, which has never happened to me before. I took one medium-sized rip on some dabs and pretty soon I was hearing my own voice telling my roommate things that I remember saying but in a dissociated state as if I was hearing someone else talking and had no control over what I said. I don’t like getting high on shit that causes ego-death (freaks me tf out) and if this is to be a regular occurence I will be reselling the rest of my sack to somebody else. Gigantic transcontinental yikes, people. Lasted way too fucking long too, like 7+ hours. I only regained the ability to type out coherent sentences about an hour and a half ago. Tl;dr I’m hoping the Addies had something to do with it and it wasn’t the pot. I need my shleep.
Are you sure it wasn't laced with some other drug?

prettydeadboy

“Additional Cashiers Needed—“
My anxiety has been skyrocketing these past couple of days. I feel like I’m letting people down because I’m not meeting their expectations, and it kills me to think I’m unreliable and I can’t do my job properly... A lot of my coworkers are telling me to have more confidence in myself and not take it personally. It’s a lot easier said than done, but I will try to let it pass and keep my head level and high.