Anyone here deal with mental illness?

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I'm back again. Right now I should be sound asleep. Instead I am waiting for my meds to start working to get me to be sleepy.
I'm noticing something new with how I'm feeling and thinking. It feels like it takes a lot of effort to clear my brain to start thinking and yet my feelings seemmm to be left alone and feels unchecked.
On Wednesday I see my counselor and I don't know what it is that I should be talking about. I kind of want to talk about what happened with me the last time I met with my counselor. I really need to understand why my one friend is so important to me. I mean that after my meeting with my friend I was completely lost and disconnected. I don't feel like I understand myself.

One day last week I wass in a store and I was looking at the items that I had planned to buy to go through with my suicide....and I realized that what I had planned would not have worked. So I feel pretty stupid.....but in a way I want to figure oout how to do what I had thought about. Is it strange that I want to make sure that next time I get this completely correct. Why do I feel like I need to figure this out? Is this just me or do people really want to have their methods all figured out?

OK, my meds are kicking in. I must go to sleep.

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
One day last week I wass in a store and I was looking at the items that I had planned to buy to go through with my suicide....and I realized that what I had planned would not have worked. So I feel pretty stupid.....but in a way I want to figure oout how to do what I had thought about. Is it strange that I want to make sure that next time I get this completely correct. Why do I feel like I need to figure this out? Is this just me or do people really want to have their methods all figured out?
Sometimes with depression people feel like everything is out of control. If you can figure it out, that's one area where you are in control. Sort of a feeling of security???

band_rules16

Former Wave Master
I had to give up on getting meds from the campus provider. I move to my new place in two days. I guess I have to hang on until my new insurance kicks in (in about a month) to get a new prescription.

I'm feeling a bit better, but it could just be an upswing of the rollercoaster I've been on mentally. My last day at Target was today and I'm ready to quit my summer job too...except I need the money. Slightly stressing on how to pay for all of this (hitting a deer in May did not help in the money department) but once I hit September 1...it should be fine.

I'm sad to leave parts of this behind...but overall it's a better decision.

Anyone have advice for someone with no insurance who just made an appt with a therapist for the first time? I am in a massive depressive beat down and I just cant deal with this alone anymore. I have dealt with it since elementary school. I probably should have waited until the episode passed but whatever it is done. What am I to expect? I havent even seen a doctor since i was a little kid. Im very good at avoiding this stuff. Just. Can I do this without insurance? Im still struggling bad and scared the shit out of myself last night. So any advice for first session would be appreciated

Anyone have advice for someone with no insurance who just made an appt with a therapist for the first time? I am in a massive depressive beat down and I just cant deal with this alone anymore. I have dealt with it since elementary school. I probably should have waited until the episode passed but whatever it is done. What am I to expect? I havent even seen a doctor since i was a little kid. Im very good at avoiding this stuff. Just. Can I do this without insurance? Im still struggling bad and scared the shit out of myself last night. So any advice for first session would be appreciated
liferesources hotline
877-616-0510 - 7 days a week, 24 hours help on personal events

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
Either way, you can go without insurance. You will have to pay out of pocket.
Most therapists give a substantial discount if you can pay with cash at the time of your appointment. Like half off isn't unreasonable.

If you can call before your appointment tomorrow, ask about a discount for cash payment/no insurance.

Also, call the EAP as @Hardlinesmaster suggested. Possibly the counselor you chose is in the plan.

We're here for you.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member

Medicare.gov: the official U.S. government site for Medicare | Medicare - https://www.medicare.gov/index

Apply for medicare.
There are therapists who take it.

Thank you for all the responses. I forgot about our resource line. Thank @Hardlinesmaster. The one im seeing tomorrow is not in network but i chose to get a list of ones that are. I will ask about cash discount thank you @Times Up.

Im confused about the medicare thing its saying stuff about social security and retirement? I will research that more and try it thank you. @Black Sheep 214 i tried some local ones but they say im over the income limit for them.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
Thank you for all the responses. I forgot about our resource line. Thank @Hardlinesmaster. The one im seeing tomorrow is not in network but i chose to get a list of ones that are. I will ask about cash discount thank you @Times Up.

Im confused about the medicare thing its saying stuff about social security and retirement? I will research that more and try it thank you. @Black Sheep 214 i tried some local ones but they say im over the income limit for them.

Sorry, it depends on how old you are and what you can qualify for.
You are probably more likely to qualify for Medicaid.

Medicaid & You: Frequently Asked Questions | Medicaid.gov - https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-and-you/index.html

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox

Sorry. Good luck with the other options. One of them should work out for you. Hang in there!

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
Find another job. That was me at the timeshare. Stress reduction did help with me maintaining stability. My need for medication adjustments have become farther apart.

Ok listen. I need help. I’m struggling w my depression and anxiety. It’s really affecting my work performance. I keep getting in trouble even tho I’m seriously doing my best. I don’t want to lose my job. It at the very least provides me some needed social interaction and on some days a sense of accomplishment.
I just sat in my car in the garage w it running for an hour. I only got out bc I didn’t want to die alone. I’ve been taking more and more pills to help me pass out at night.
Is there such a thing as taking some personal time to seek counseling and get myself stable without losing my job?

I DO NOT want to go to the Er. Just thinking about that makes me anxious. I’m going to start seeing a counselor tomorrow.
Ers make me feel trapped and suffocated. That is the last thing I want.

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
8521 8522 8523
I DO NOT want to go to the Er. Just thinking about that makes me anxious. I’m going to start seeing a counselor tomorrow.
Ers make me feel trapped and suffocated. That is the last thing I want.
If you need to talk to someone, you might want to try Samaritans USA. Google samaritanshope.org for info. They are available 24 hours a day, are non-judgemental and are not a religious organization.They may be able to help to tide you over until you go to your appointment tomorrow. Hang in there!

Thanks guys. The sense of loneliness and feeling like a burden to people is overwhelming. I hope my appointment goes well.
I’ve tried to talk w my TL and HR. I feel like they’d just rather me quit than put up w my “sadness”. Idk. That could just be my false perception. Idk. It’s so embarrassing.