Anyone know what kinda training this is?

Fulfillment is the team that picks orders for Drive Up/Order Pick Up and also Ship From Store. This training is for TMs who are not on that team but help support them when their workload is heavy. It is intended to teach them how to pick quickly and efficiently.

I'm sorry to say this but fulfillment department ruin everything for everyone in my store at least. My fulfillment TL doesn't help the team at all. Her and closing TL doesn't help picking at all except saying "opu under an hour 25 items". They make us hardline tms pick whole day so none of us can do out job in our dept which we supposed to do i.e. reshop, one for one pull or zone. In my store if you are fast picker, they make you pick whole day while fulfillment TL just sat in her butt in clerical. Any of you have same issue at your store?

I'm sorry to say this but fulfillment department ruin everything for everyone in my store at least. My fulfillment TL doesn't help the team at all. Her and closing TL doesn't help picking at all except saying "opu under an hour 25 items". They make us hardline tms pick whole day so none of us can do out job in our dept which we supposed to do i.e. reshop, one for one pull or zone. In my store if you are fast picker, they make you pick whole day while fulfillment TL just sat in her butt in clerical. Any of you have same issue at your store?
I'm not certain to be honest.
I work the overnight hours and rarely see anyone from closing or any of the dayside leads unless they have me stay overtime.

At our store some people in GM or up front are also coded in Fulfillment. Anyone coded for it has to take the training. Yours is likely less involved since you're not technically in fulfillment. They want more people to learn to get ready for Q4.

I mean they definitely shouldn’t be just sitting around doing nothing but your fufillment TL and closing TL really shouldn’t be picking unless it’s absolutely necessary. It’s pretty difficult to manage and keep and eye on the process when you’re in a batch. They’re supposed to be leading and helping out not just picking batch’s for 8 hours

I mean they definitely shouldn’t be just sitting around doing nothing but your fufillment TL and closing TL really shouldn’t be picking unless it’s absolutely necessary. It’s pretty difficult to manage and keep and eye on the process when you’re in a batch. They’re supposed to be leading and helping out not just picking batch’s for 8 hours

The problem with that with the fulfillment TL is that payroll is based on forecasted units. That's all fulfillment gets. The TL then takes 40 hours out of the allotment. If they don't pick, someone from another department has to. That's not fair to other teams.

Yes, corporate should give an extra 40 hours for the TL, but until that really happens the fulfillment TL needs to get out of TSC so other teams don't fall behind.

The problem with that with the fulfillment TL is that payroll is based on forecasted units. That's all fulfillment gets. The TL then takes 40 hours out of the allotment. If they don't pick, someone from another department has to. That's not fair to other teams.

Yes, corporate should give an extra 40 hours for the TL, but until that really happens the fulfillment TL needs to get out of TSC so other teams don't fall behind.
They do as long as your store actually earns a fulfillment TL. A portion of their hours are calculated into that just like style and gm leaders but the more leaders you earn the more payroll you get to account for it, there’s mytime reporting that ETLs and up have access to that show what tasks and each work center and such drives payroll and it shows extra for stores given the TL role. Like I said they shouldn’t not pick at all but definitely shouldn’t spend 8 hours a day picking

"Leading" how, and "helping out" how....exactly.

I was told when I was hired on as a fulfillment TL I should never be "tasking." However, I have to spend most of the day picking. We're just so busy there is no other way to stay afloat. The other TL for fulfillment does the same. If we're not picking we're packing or prepping/sorting. We have a fantastic team with good productivity. Our projections for OPU are laughable and payroll is allotted based on projections. We blow those out of the water every single day + carry heavy SFS units daily. So, with the huge (apparently unexpected :rolleyes: numbers) and call offs (we've had 3 in fulfillment with COVID lately and then of course the randoms) we're always struggling.

We're almost always done for 4:30 but that is with everyone running their asses off and the ETL's and even the SD helping pack. Our store tries to never pull TM's from the floor because the push is so insane. When we do Style is completely off limits due to the freight/reshop situation.

"Leading" how, and "helping out" how....exactly.
I mean all depends on your store, mine does a lot of things that aren’t specifically picking and packing but still benefit the store or fufillment.
Leading: observing, giving feedback, helping find INFs, monitoring epick to rearrange people as needed or even pull out people to help in other areas of the store.

Things they do to help out include: working rfid reject report to get ahead of INFs, help in keeping the backroom brand by doing projects and cleaning up out back, manually auditing areas from last weeks top inf areas.

There are a million things a fufillment TL can do that benefit fufillment that’s not picking or packing. If they’re picking or packing chances are they have little time to step away and be a leader. You’ll never be able to step back and help your team improve or follow up with them if you’re in a batch. That would be like of the service and engagement TL was on register for their entire shift.

Back