Archived Applying for APTL at an old store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph

Assets Protection Team Lead
After discovering there was an opening for APTL at my old store, I began speaking with my current ETL-HR about the steps to take to make that possible (regardless of whether I get it or not, I move back home by my old store in May). I spoke with my old HR and they said to apply, but I haven't heard of an interview since they don't have HR on the weekends.

This is a small store whose only AP is the APTL. If I am to get the interview, how many interviews would I have to go through? I have seen posts saying there are sometimes three interviews, but I'm curious if there will only be one since they told me the STL would be doing the interview.

If I theoretically get this interview, what kind of questions should I expect to answer?

I have seen posts saying there are sometimes three interviews, but I'm curious if there will only be one since they told me the STL would be doing the interview.

You will have two at minimum.

You generally need to interview with the APBP for APTL since he will be your direct supervisor.

You will have two at minimum.

You generally need to interview with the APBP for APTL since he will be your direct supervisor.
Last time I interviewed for the same position it was three rounds: etl, stl, apbp.

Same STAR format, they were looking for more ap specific answers showing insight into the work center. Plus higher tl scope.

Questions will be in the format of “tell me a time when”. Have scenarios in your head relating to AP. Look beyond relating it to personal things such as “One time I spider wrapped this”. Should focus on the team building and larger scale than just you because it’s a TL position.

I interviewed with STL, APBP and then DTL. Thats generally the process but I was an APS for a few years prior and had my APBPs approval to move up anyways.

APTL slots are generally harder to get with no AP experience because you are by yourself and still need to do the job of an ETL-AP. It depends on the needs for you store/if your store has a high shortage number. It is not impossible though, I have seen people promoted into APTL slots in stores where basically nothing happens with no experience.

This particular store is quite small, and I know the last three APTLs I worked with at that store didn't have any experience with AP prior to their hiring, so I feel like they might not place as heavy of an emphasis on it. I do have a Bachelors in Criminal Justice and, although it might not have an impact given it is still not AP experience, it isn't worth leaving out, perhaps?

If you have a degree you should quit.. get another job. After six months, apply for an ETL position (ETL-AP if it still exists in your region). Don’t waste your time with APTL (unless you’re able to negotiate to at least $25-27 per hour) given your degree and experience AND the fact that you would assume the role of an ETL-AP given you guys have none and would have no TPS or APS.

If there are "tell me of a time when" questions, those are "STAR" questions--situation, task, action, result. So, make sure the situations you pick have actions you took that led to good results (and yes, in AP situations they may not all be objectively "good" outcomes, but you get the idea).

Situation - how does your answer relate to the question
Example: tell me about a time you had to make a tough decison
You - During college ect..... <--- you are painting them a picture so tehy can visually see your answer.
Task - what did you have to accomplish/what what was the issue or problem
Action - how did you solve this issue/what steps were taken.
Result - what was the final out

If you have a degree you should quit.. get another job. After six months, apply for an ETL position (ETL-AP if it still exists in your region). Don’t waste your time with APTL (unless you’re able to negotiate to at least $25-27 per hour) given your degree and experience AND the fact that you would assume the role of an ETL-AP given you guys have none and would have no TPS or APS.

Bad advice. No one is hiring a no experience APTL at 25 an hour.

While APTL may make less than an etl ap. They get to actually focus on AP (no LOD shifts) and being hourly has its advantages.

I also have noticed AP is promoting more from within at Target so rather than hiring someone out of college. They are hiring more APS or recruiting people from other security jobs. Like my current one who was LP for safeway

Agreed. Our APTL who has experience and has a degree isn't even remotely close to making $25/hour.

I had two interviews for mine. First was with my ETL at the time and the second was with the DTL/HRBP. Now I heard that they are throwing in the APBP as well for all AP interviews.

After the initial interview, how long does it usually take to get the next interview or two interviews?

After the initial interview, how long does it usually take to get the next interview or two interviews?

There is no set time. It really comes down to their schedules, how many people they to interview.

You might be able to knock your first two out in one day. The apbp however is overseeing at least 8-10 stores so that one would be the longest wait should you make it that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back