Archived Applying for multiple positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brand new target is opening up next to my house. I want to apply for both management , regular store clerk or even clerical in the back. Can anyone explain how to go about this or give me any suggestions? I'm going to go to the career fair so I was thinking of waitin to do my application till after I speak to someone. Otherwise will it let me fill out a few different applications at the same time? Thanks

Go by that location. They should have some folks are available to talk to about any jobs open for the new store.

A brand new target is opening up next to my house. I want to apply for both management , regular store clerk or even clerical in the back. Can anyone explain how to go about this or give me any suggestions? I'm going to go to the career fair so I was thinking of waitin to do my application till after I speak to someone. Otherwise will it let me fill out a few different applications at the same time? Thanks

When you apply you can select up to 5 positions. Someone from HR will call you and talk to you about what each position entails and find a good fit.

Outside of Target, just some general job advice I received, I was told that applying to multiple positions is normally looked at poorly by employers. Apparently you come off as not knowing what you want to do.

Any HR people on here that can comment on how Target tends to view people who apply to several positions?

It doesn't hurt with Targets focus on being global. My issue is when I explain the duties of each position and someone still can't decide. That tells me they aren't passionate about any one thing and those are the types who are a "bust" take kartman the guy is passionate about getting carts.

The issue with applying for only one position is if they don't see you in that role they can turn you down and you go empty handed.

Apply for many and when they call you explain your ideal position is this but you will go where you fit best.

Sometimes we get great applicants but someone just has more experience or interviews better

As HRZone said, apply for whatever you think you will do well in. Before I call people for interviews, I look at their past experience (If they provided any), and see what I personally think well work with them. I offer them to interview for that position while including what the position entails. I still do, however tell them about any other openings we have in case they are interested in something else. I personally like to see someone willing to do multiple departments. It works out for you, and for the store to have someone willing to know multiple departments around the store to really be considered a huge asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back