Archived Applying for Salefloor Team Lead Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

So I have been with Target for the last year and a half. I have been talking to my leaders about developing to a TL and have been working hard at it since the beginning of the year. However here is where my questions are. There is an open Salefloor Team Lead position at another store. I want to apply for it but the soonest I could move into the position if given is June 10th because I still have to graduate. Would be beneficial to apply now and see if I can get in, or talk to my leaders still and see what they think? And that being said, would I be able to get into a TL position at 18?

Qualifications: Lift 40 pounds. Use technology to read instructions and enter information. Move merchandise using proper equipment. Read labels and other product information. Cross train and work in other areas of store as needed. Quickly and accurately scan and bag all items and collect payment.

Qualifications: Lift 40 pounds. Use technology to read instructions and enter information. Move merchandise using proper equipment. Read labels and other product information. Cross train and work in other areas of store as needed. Quickly and accurately scan and bag all items and collect payment.

Well I essentially do all of these things already except for team lead projects and anything team lead specific already. My main question is if I apply now are they gonna care that I can't start until June?

Well I essentially do all of these things already except for team lead projects and anything team lead specific already. My main question is if I apply now are they gonna care that I can't start until June?
Yes they will that position can’t be open for long with modernization everyone got their charts an start filing it . In my they waited 3 months for me to get there but I was already a tl key carrier and they knew what I can do for their store. But other than that I don’t think they will wait that long.

If they'll wait depends on if they can find another candidate. My store has no one on the bench, no one remotely qualified to be on the bench, and it took us like 6 months to fill our last open TL position.
If there's someone else on the bench, or they can hire externally quickly, there's likely no way they'll wait for you at all no matter how good you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back