April bonuses for people who've been with target for over 3 years.

Some being the operative word here. Those that worked their way legit through the scale with good reviews, got nothing.
They gave it to all of them that have been with the company for 3 years I think. It wasn't through any reviews. They were just given these raises.

From my understanding it was network wide review of all hourly merit roles. Some got pretty substantial bumps, others being longer in merit roles got the big middle finger. Had absolutely nothing to do with performance, only looked at length of time with target, not merit role but Target, compared to where they were at in the scale. This whole scenario ended up being the EXACT OPPOSITE of what a merit based payscale is. There are many people in the “original” buildings that feel this was the most inequitable decision target has ever made. Years of exceptional performance just wiped away.

From my understanding it was network wide review of all hourly merit roles. Some got pretty substantial bumps, others being longer in merit roles got the big middle finger. Had absolutely nothing to do with performance, only looked at length of time with target, not merit role but Target, compared to where they were at in the scale. This whole scenario ended up being the EXACT OPPOSITE of what a merit based payscale is. There are many people in the “original” buildings that feel this was the most inequitable decision target has ever made. Years of exceptional performance just wiped away.

It happened here. It was network wide. Pay raises for merit will now also include considerations for time in role and at Target. So a lot of merit roles got huge raises.

But it was also only for people who during mid year reviews were given a "meets" or "exceeds" ratings. If they were were a "needs improvement" they weren't given anything. So be better. A lot of merit tms who complained were bottom tier TMs and would just complain to other TMs and without knowing what's going on the OM and admin side it seems legit.

It also depends on where they were on the merit scale. Merit 2 maxes at 33 so you're not going to get a huge raise because you don't have that far to go.

My building didnt have any mention of raise for merit... unless this was litteraly only announced yesterday. How did they determine years of experience and in role? Was there a formula?

My building didnt have any mention of raise for merit... unless this was litteraly only announced yesterday. How did they determine years of experience and in role? Was there a formula?
It was kept fairly hush-hush in my building, I heard about it a while ago, but only from an OM about a week ago.
My understanding is that it only applied to merit TMs who were below the pay of a capped WW, and it seemed to bump them to ~$1/hr above that pay so that TMs just moving to merit didn’t come in making more than those with 2+ years in role. (So if someone got a $6-7/hr raise, they were probably making crap beforehand.)

Well at my DC, they recently gave some merit positions a $6 or $7/hr pay increase. I know for a fact that ICQA got this huge increase, which made a lot of the regular workers very upset.
That is because they have gotten screwed the past couple of years and were making less then regular tm’s even though it was considered an elevated role

It was kept fairly hush-hush in my building, I heard about it a while ago, but only from an OM about a week ago.
My understanding is that it only applied to merit TMs who were below the pay of a capped WW, and it seemed to bump them to ~$1/hr above that pay so that TMs just moving to merit didn’t come in making more than those with 2+ years in role. (So if someone got a $6-7/hr raise, they were probably making crap beforehand.)
$1 above? Yikes. I can see bumping them up to par but putting them above is bad. You will have TMs with 10 years experience in the building getting a merit role still backing floor level paycap but then a 6 month rookie getting $1 above paycap "just because".

$1 above? Yikes. I can see bumping them up to par but putting them above is bad. You will have TMs with 10 years experience in the building getting a merit role still backing floor level paycap but then a 6 month rookie getting $1 above paycap "just because".
Sorry, I should’ve specified, tenure did factor in, I’m not sure what the benchmark was though, everyone I know who was affected has 5+ years in the building so they would’ve been capped on the floor had they not moved to merit.
The 1 person on my dept/key who is under 3 years got nothing as far as I know.

Back