April bonuses for people who've been with target for over 3 years.

The DCs are in fact getting the bonus. Word on the street is the bonus is a part of a larger effort to increase pay anticipated next ~July.

It is 2% but you have to have capped out your pay, aka for DCs worked for Target at least 3 years. Also because of that, basically all merit TMs wont get it. So really merit is getting mega screwed and the bonuses they rolled out to a lot of merit positions are now worthless.
Idk. I have some merit TMs and they made bank on bonuses.

2 of which made almost 2k in bonuses.

As Ash said, it's posted in the Distribution Centers thread. It's not crazy to assume they are talking about the DCs in a DC thread.
The part that says distribution centers is in small print. I had to look again to see it. I could see where someone could easily be confused.

The part that says distribution centers is in small print. I had to look again to see it. I could see where someone could easily be confused.
I've gotten confused before too, to be honest! But I recognize the names of some of the DC posters so that helps.

Idk. I have some merit TMs and they made bank on bonuses.

2 of which made almost 2k in bonuses.
Can confirm. Long time DC merit TM here, first go around with the bonus this year was 6% on top of a 4% raise. Still not enough, but one takes what one can get. :)

Can confirm. Long time DC merit TM here, first go around with the bonus this year was 6% on top of a 4% raise. Still not enough, but one takes what one can get. :)

But the merit bonus is based on profits and they just announced profits are down 90%.

I wonder what the bonuses will look like this year.

Thread is listed for each and every post. Right next to post persons name.

Attachments

• 7C46451B-6AB9-48C9-BC3F-4517AAF0A5AF.png
    7C46451B-6AB9-48C9-BC3F-4517AAF0A5AF.png
    645.3 KB · Views: 16
But the merit bonus is based on profits and they just announced profits are down 90%.

Yeah they already sent out an email to applicable TMs basically telling them at this point the bonus is off the table due to profits not meeting goals.

Yeah they already sent out an email to applicable TMs basically telling them at this point the bonus is off the table due to profits not meeting goals.
So those that got absolutely no adjustments to speak of last year get no bonus either, while others that received 3 adjustments in the progression scale within the last year now get a guaranteed bonus too? yeah, that makes for a fucking feel good moment. So glad I stayed at Spot when I had the chance to leave.

It amazes me how people don’t understand the basics of taxes.

the bonus is for progression tm’s that are capped and haven’t gotten a raise during the year (they did this years ago). If you get a raise, no bonus.

the bonus is for progression tm’s that are capped and haven’t gotten a raise during the year (they did this years ago). If you get a raise, no bonus.
The only time I can remember progression TMs ever getting a bonus was when they first switched to the progression scale. It only applied to people who were already above the new top pay on the scale when they raised it.

The only time I can remember progression TMs ever getting a bonus was when they first switched to the progression scale. It only applied to people who were already above the new top pay on the scale when they raised it.

when I first started, capped progression tm’s got a bonus for not begetting a raise (when they looked at pay rate yearly). I believe it was a certain dollar amount, not percentage.

when I first started, capped progression tm’s got a bonus for not begetting a raise (when they looked at pay rate yearly). I believe it was a certain dollar amount, not percentage.
How it worked was:
Say a TM was at $18/hr when they switched to progression scales and the top scale was $17/hr. If they raised the top of the scale to $17.50, then that $18/hr TM would get a “bonus” of $1040 (the $.50 x 2080) and would stay at $18/hr.
If the cap didn’t move, they got nothing.
If a TM was at $17.25 in that same scenario they would’ve gotten a “bonus” of $520 and their pay would go to $17.50, but they would no longer be eligible for “bonuses” after that point.
Not sure if that makes sense.

If they’re going to add bonuses to progression, I see that as their having no intention of raising the top scale any time in the near future.

How it worked was:
Say a TM was at $18/hr when they switched to progression scales and the top scale was $17/hr. If they raised the top of the scale to $17.50, then that $18/hr TM would get a “bonus” of $1040 (the $.50 x 2080) and would stay at $18/hr.
If the cap didn’t move, they got nothing.
If a TM was at $17.25 in that same scenario they would’ve gotten a “bonus” of $520 and their pay would go to $17.50, but they would no longer be eligible for “bonuses” after that point.
Not sure if that makes sense.

If they’re going to add bonuses to progression, I see that as their having no intention of raising the top scale any time in the near future.
All I remember from years ago when I started (it was already progression) is that if tm’s were at the top rate in progression and there was no raise in pay (at every level of the progression scale), they would get a bonus instead.
That is what they are going back to. If there is a raise during that year, there is no bonus.

All I remember from years ago when I started (it was already progression) is that if tm’s were at the top rate in progression and there was no raise in pay (at every level of the progression scale), they would get a bonus instead.
That is what they are going back to. If there is a raise during that year, there is no bonus.
This is what I remember. If you were maxed on the progression scale you got $500. If you weren't you got nothing.

Maybe it was different at different DCs, I wasn’t above the initial cap but I remember the meeting going over the switch.

Yeah.... was thinking 2% doesn't really come close to the percentage of those minimum base pay hikes, but I guess it's better than nothing unless it pushes you into a new tax arena.
A new tax bracket is never a pay cut. Ever.

• 22% for incomes over $41,775 ($83,550 for married couples filing jointly)
  • 12% for incomes over $10,275 ($20,550 for married couples filing jointly)
  • 10% for incomes of $10,275 or less ($20,550 for married couples filing jointly

TL Pay at my store is $19, as of two years ago

A new TL at 19 would make: 19x40x52=39,520

A TL raised to 19 two years ago who received two exceeds raises would be at: 19x1.04x1.04=20.55
20.55x52x40=42,744

If you make 39520 you pay .1*10275+.12*(39520-10275)=4536.9
The TL who is in the higher tax bracket pays .1*10275+.12*(41775-10275)+.22*(42744-41775) =5020.68

42744/39520=8.16% pay differential before income tax
(42744-5020.68)/(39520-4536.9)=7.83% pay differential after income tax

Making over 41775 doesn't make your entire year be taxed at the higher amount.

A new tax bracket is never a pay cut. Ever.

TL Pay at my store is $19, as of two years ago

A new TL at 19 would make: 19x40x52=39,520

A TL raised to 19 two years ago who received two exceeds raises would be at: 19x1.04x1.04=20.55
20.55x52x40=42,744

If you make 39520 you pay .1*10275+.12*(39520-10275)=4536.9
The TL who is in the higher tax bracket pays .1*10275+.12*(41775-10275)+.22*(42744-41775) =5020.68

42744/39520=8.16% pay differential before income tax
(42744-5020.68)/(39520-4536.9)=7.83% pay differential after income tax

Making over 41775 doesn't make your entire year be taxed at the higher amount.
Correct. Only the amount over that amount will be taxed at the higher rate. The misconception on taxes is hilarious. Even with bonuses people complain that their bonus is taxed higher. Yea, at the time it is but you will get more back after filing taxes. Or, be smart about it and claim exempt for the pay period you are getting the bonus and problem solved.

don’t get me started with property taxes and mill rate. That’s a whole other misunderstanding.

That remains to be seen. :) Got along fine without them for a long time, I'm certainly not going to start depending on them when they might now show up.

It is 2% but you have to have capped out your pay, aka for DCs worked for Target at least 3 years. Also because of that, basically all merit TMs wont get it. So really merit is getting mega screwed and the bonuses they rolled out to a lot of merit positions are now worthless.
Well at my DC, they recently gave some merit positions a $6 or $7/hr pay increase. I know for a fact that ICQA got this huge increase, which made a lot of the regular workers very upset.

Well, I am at a DC where we went close to 3 years without getting a raise and we never received the $500 bonuses that they claimed would be given to TMs. They only gave us $0.40 after going years without any pay increase.

Last edited:
I am sure that wage increases are high on the complaint list of things that come up on the best team surveys. Target just want you to work faster and faster while the higher ups reap the benefits.

Last edited:
Well at my DC, they recently gave some merit positions a $6 or $7/hr pay increase. I know for a fact that ICQA got this huge increase, which made a lot of the regular workers very upset.
Some being the operative word here. Those that worked their way legit through the scale with good reviews, got nothing.

Would you mind sharing what area you are in? For example south east vs north vs south west.

Back