Archived Are any of the vacuum cleaners at your store tethered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyson are if I remember. Robo vacuums also are but I had to leave a note in the AP office that they were non spider wrapped and non tethered.

And vaccums used to be; the whole back wall but not anymore.

Ours are spiderwrapped & tethered because they decided to put them near a fire exit o_O

Going to be dependent on your market. AP will decide the merch protection necessary. Some markets only really require the expensive ones to be spyder-wrapped, others need them tethered down. Last thing AP needs is some dude putting three Dysons in his cart and hauling ass out the fire exit.

Our expensive Dysons aren't even on the sales floor there's a call box and someone has to grab it out of the backroom for you.

Robos are teathered.

Anything over $100 is spider wrapped at my store. Nothing is tethered however.

Tethering is really only supposed to be used on certain items in electronics. However I know several stores that use them on the expensive vacuums. Most pull them off for district visits because it's pretty frowned upon where I'm at.

Our expensive Dysons aren't even on the sales floor there's a call box and someone has to grab it out of the backroom for you.

Robos are teathered.

Same with ours. That's why when someone returns one without a receipt we ask they get one or return it to the store they got it at because we just don't leave them out on the shelf.

One time they used zip-ties on the modems/routers because someone would always grab a bunch (always the $300 or $400 one, forgot which it is) and run out the fire exit right there. When the district visit happened they had to go.

most of our vacuums are tethered and spider wrapped. Some are just spider wrapped.

All the big name (Dyson, Hoover) are spider wrapped and tethered if they're over $100. Between $50/$100 is just spider wrapped though.

I don't know why they would get mad over tethers. It does look bad sometimes.... depending on how they do it. Bunch of spider wraps on it just sitting there not attached to product looks bad.

I don't know why they would get mad over tethers. It does look bad sometimes.... depending on how they do it. Bunch of spider wraps on it just sitting there not attached to product looks bad.
The problem is when there is nobody to unlock them. Lost sales. People will only wait so long before they just leave and buy it somewhere else.

And in my store it's hard to catch a Dyson booster if they can't get the product in the first place. Dysons are easy apps for me. No concealment.

When the Nest end cap was set by light bulbs, they were tethered to the shelf. We had a guest take the whole shelf up to the registers.

We just tethered our Dysons and most of the robotic vacuums. Had 6 of them walk out in a week. APBP said no to tetheres but we did it anyway :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back