Archived Are movies being stocked by vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battkatt

I have cool cats !
I have heard that some stores are now having their street date and all their movies being done by outside vendors, has anyone heard of this or is it being done in all stores? Right now at our store presentation has one person that does all of that on Mondays from video games to books all the resets, pulls and pushes and street date in that whole department. If any store is doing that can you explain how this works?

Haven’t heard of it but it’s plausible as a pilot. Maybe the company is weighing the cost vs. the risk of careless team members breaking street date.

That is plausible, I am not sure about breaking street date since the screen comes up red and wont allow it , unless you use the feature on the register that will allow you to override it, which is a possibility really

Supposedly they are moving towards scan based trading SBT for music but didn’t hear about movies.

Maybe that is where the confusion is, people are all a twitter and stating that it will be for the whole department movies, music and books. So maybe it could be a miss communication and it could only be music, only time will tell

My store is involved in a new pilot where the vendor we (Target) buy movies from will actually be 'zoning' once a week, will set any changes, and will manage their own inventory. All movies except Disney and Sony movies will have a zero on-hands quantity and won't be eligible for SFS/OPU. The movies won't be in our lockup anymore (except Disney/Sony) and will be in vendor owned cases in receiving. The pilot officially starts the third week of Feb.

^This. My store is also part of this movies pilot. According to the RedWire I read, it is still the responsibility of Target to set and fill New Releases when they come out. We already got our shipment of small white wacos the movies will be stored in.

Maybe this is a little more correct. All I'd heard from my ETL-AP was that the vendor was taking control of it.

I don't think the vendor will be handling any of weekly revisions for movies, just maintaining them. Think this explains why we were told only new releases had to go into anti-theft cases now.

Ok, cool, I haven't got word that our store was not going to be involved in this process so I thought I would check out how it worked just in case my store hits me with this last minute (which is generally the norm), Since I am the only one that sets everything each week I try to be up on what is out there and going on so I may just be able to stay ahead of the curve. Thanks so much!!!

I read an article about that pilot. Target is threatening to only pay for what sells or something of that nature, instead of wasting money on aisles of CDs & movies that just sit there since streaming is getting larger. Entertainment is always down every month.

Great more space in receiving we don't have.

And Street date is easy if you have a people who push to fill aka E2E flow TM who doesn't read so street date is on the shelf every damn week since they set everything early so even though she has both a PDA and a Zebra she can't seem to read that those DVD's or whatever is street dated.

Great more space in receiving we don't have.

And Street date is easy if you have a people who push to fill aka E2E flow TM who doesn't read so street date is on the shelf every damn week since they set everything early so even though she has both a PDA and a Zebra she can't seem to read that those DVD's or whatever is street dated.

In our store I am the only one who does all the sets for street date and non street date Every Monday from Books to Video games, and my pulls have been so large lately because the electronics people are told they have to stand at the boat and not leave it unless there are guests they need to take care of or unlock things for. It makes my pulls HUGE since they do not scan or fill like it should be done. AND you are right, I have had to go over "Street Date" with everyone over and over again, I mean it shows it on the zebra why would you put it on the shelf or go back to the lock up and get it for a guest!? Happens all the time. Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back