Archived Are people stupid today or is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was walking through another department to get to my department when a CSR who was in my initial orientation/training class, comes up to me and we chat for a while. OUT OF NO WHERE, he tells me this "joke"---keep in mind I have a last name that is VERY jewish sounding (I'm not jewish, however)

"Whats the difference between a pizza and a jew?"

"I don't know, what?"

"Pizza's don't scream when you put them in the oven"

...To top it off, he said this in the presence of his OWN TEAM LEADER

Fired within the hour.

It's EXTREMELY hard to get fired at where I work, but when you tell a joke like that to a team leader-let alone one with a jewish sounding last name-and ANOTHER TL to witness it, yeah you're done. Had to sign our statements, give them to HR, the HR director immediately called that CSR into the office and...done.

Last edited:
I'm just glad someone did something about it. This stuff can be too easy to sweep under the rug.

Wow...just wow....how sick do you have to be to tell this joke at any time, not just at work?

Last edited:
Yeah probably not the most work appropriate joke... That guy is crazy!

Yes, people are stupid every day, but sometimes it seems as though everyone has taken their "I'm stupid for the day pills."

Some people seem to think that being rude, nasty and stupid is somehow a right and a standard of free expression (see the morons who threw peanuts at the black newscaster at the Republican convention and said "This is how we feed the animals.").
Then they are completely shocked when they have to suffer the consequences of their actions.
Yes, you have the right to act like a bigoted jackass and Target has the right to fire you for it.
As a Jew, I think that's awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back