Archived Are the men's shoes located in the shoe department at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, the shoe department just has the women's and children's shoes. The men's shoes strangely aren't located in the shoe department, but in the men's clothing department.

At my store, the shoe department just has the women's and children's shoes. The men's shoes strangely aren't located in the shoe department, but in the men's clothing department.

Ours is the same. Ours men's selection is tiny

All of our shoes, mens included, are in the shoes department. That said, we have half an aisle for men's. The rest are women's.

All our shoes are together, but I would love to see Men's shoes go to Men's. Doing this would give the shoe area much needed room. Having said that, I can't imagine where they will find the room in Men's!

They should just start making standalone stores in malls that are just clothes and shoes.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's why we have such a small shoe department. In our mall we have a Payless, Zoomies, Footlocker, and Bootbarn, in addition to the JC Pennys, Macy's, and a Work World.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's why we have such a small shoe department. In our mall we have a Payless, Zoomies, Footlocker, and Bootbarn, in addition to the JC Pennys, Macy's, and a Work World.
I honestly feel the payout for a standalone target clothing store would be quite profitable. Stores like h&m that are in the mall only ever have four maybe five people in there at a time. Idk about you but our softlines makes up a huge part of our sales, and if only four to five people have to be there to run it, it'd make money.

My store is exactly the same way. For a long time one of our senior ETL's has been wanting to put them all together but not sure why it doesn't happen. I heard her talk about this months ago too that she wants to take this back wall of Women shoes and put mens shoes there.

My store is exactly the same way. For a long time one of our senior ETL's has been wanting to put them all together but not sure why it doesn't happen. I heard her talk about this months ago too that she wants to take this back wall of Women shoes and put mens shoes there.
Because it isn't up to her. Pretty sure a decision like that has to come from corporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back