COVID-19 Aren’t we non essential workers? (COVID 19)

I’ve heard that some target stores have closed off their non essential areas which Is great. I personally think it’s ridiculous to still have style team members (or other non essentials like toys/electronics) and expose people to the virus unnecessarily. In the stores that closed off non-essentials, were the team members from those areas still kept on? Do you think they’ll eventually implement this in all target stores? I just think if you aren’t absolutely essential you shouldn’t be risking the lives of you and your family just to restock women’s swimsuits.

Stores that have closed off those areas are due to local ordinances. They will just move those workers to do other things, and eventually I'm sure they will lighten the schedule once they caught up with what was already scheduled.

I wish my store would block off non-essential areas. But those TMs, other than Electronics which is still fairly busy, are mostly moved to SFS. A lot of TMs who normally stock work just their own areas are doing a u-boat or two of Market before their own stuff. We're still getting plenty of non-essentials on the truck because of all the SFS orders. There are a several TMs on LOA, so their work still has to be done. We're hiring quite a few new TMs to get us over the hump of staff shortages caused by LOAs plus the huge uptick in SFS. Not sure how many of them will stay on; I'm expecting at least a couple of those LOAs to turn into "see ya."

Our non-essentials aren't closed off (yet, but I think it's coming), but even with those still being open, everyone who can push a two-tier has been OPU-trained.

Spent all of yesterday and some of today bringing them up to speed on how to pick and put to hold and where stuff is supposed to go. Funny watching them hunt for stuff in the mess of their stock room. Yes we have one for just style and stationary since they are on the same side of the store.

Back