Archived Argh! One screw up after another today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I returned an electronics item that couldn't be returned, then I dropped an LPDA. Bad day, bad, bad day.
How is everyone else's day?

Way too much to do and half not done but goodness knows we can always cut hours.

My weekend is looking to be a rough one. We're about a truck and a half behind, two of my best team members are leaving the company soon and they didn't work the 4 frozen pallets today so we can't even get in the freezer to pull so that metric is gonna drop like a rock. Oh, and I haven't done my business walk yet!

Mine was bad. I worked while I was nauseous in 96 degree weather as a cart attendant. I threw up twice. I was sucking the sides all day and sweating it like crazy. Also threw up on my way out of the parking lot to go home, dry heaving is not fun. I already called off once this week. I'm cart attendant tomorrow too, can't wait...... And it's supposed to storm tomorrow to add to it....

Crummy day. One of the cashiers misread her schedule....so she was 5 hours late. In a ULV, that left us incredibly short and a couple of us incredibly overbooked.

Them, there was the $2000+ order of school supplies I had. Did you know the register has a limit to the amount of items that can be rung up at a time? By the third order, the credit card was declined due to the unusual activity, so the ladies had to leave like a third of their stuff to get another credit card. And in the middle of this, I ended up being the only cashier on the front end....I finally caught my GSTL and got him to realize that I couldn't be left alone because there were other customers that needed to be helped.

But that much at once was exhausting....and then I got sent to go get carts. They asked me to come in like three hours early tomorrow. Luckily, with my normal schedule tomorrow, I'm already at 39.5 hours, so I was easily able to say no. I'm just tired.

Mine was bad. I worked while I was nauseous in 96 degree weather as a cart attendant. I threw up twice. I was sucking the sides all day and sweating it like crazy. Also threw up on my way out of the parking lot to go home, dry heaving is not fun. I already called off once this week. I'm cart attendant tomorrow too, can't wait...... And it's supposed to storm tomorrow to add to it....

I hope you told your gstl that you are sick. That's a sign of heat exhaustion.

never worked this before.. i'm in a neighboring state to one that has this tomorrow and am doing a support GSTL shift at a store there.. I'm kind of nervous!

Front end is easy. Back to school on salesfloor with massive push & guests. Then, add the back to school lists from hell! :diablo:

Last edited:
First I returned an electronics item that couldn't be returned, then I dropped an LPDA. Bad day, bad, bad day.
How is everyone else's day?

That's like me saying at my current job "I dropped an 18 pack of heinekin bottles, and dropped the store phone"

I hope you told your gstl that you are sick. That's a sign of heat exhaustion.

No I didn't, I just woke up because I passed out as soon as I got home. I don't think it was heat exhaustion, I think I'm still just sick. Like I said I had to call off. I had a call off, then a day off, and I didn't want to call off a second time. Our main cart attendant is on vacation and I know it's a tough spot to fill because I'm one of 4 trained in that area. Only reason I called off before was because I had a simple cashier shift and everyone is trained as one. Didn't want to screw the store over by calling off as a cart attendant. I'm scheduled as one tomorrow too so I'm going in regardless of how I feel.... I don't like throwing a wrench into the front end because I consider my front end like family, and I don't want them left screwed over. Well.....all but one person I could give a rat's behind about. But still I go. Still feeling it, considering going to the doctor's office when I get a day off if this doesn't get better. I feel I'm losing more fluids than I'm taking in. I just hate calling off because I feel my store has too many regulars that call off all the time, and the day I did call off it was a nightmare I was told......

They knew I wasn't feeling so hot, at least they were kind enough to requisition a Gatorade for me even though I couldn't drink much of it because when I drank it it kept coming back up. Water was best, also didn't eat anything all day, wasn't feeling like food either......... I have some reserves to burn off at least........

Last edited:
pretty hectic. i closed tonight and i rang up someone with over $1000 worth of stuff; i had about 5 price checks and then his check wasn't approved. then, this lady bought $1400 worth of baby clothes,she probably had over 150 pieces of clothing & every item had their hanger so it was time consuming. i rung up someone else that forgot their card, i suspended the transaction and when she finally came back, it wouldn't go back to her order so i had to ring up every last one of her school supplies and her card still didn't work, lol wtf. & lastly, i sold 0 redcards today and i got coached - even tho i sold 5 yesterday. ahhh.

Dude, keep drinking water and try the Gatorade again. Heat exhaustion or not, you've been losing a lot of electrolytes and you gotta replace them somehow.

Hope you feel better soon, man.

I'll try man, but when you can't sleep too well or keep drinks down it's kind of hard. I was able to eat a bowl of soup about 2 hours ago. I have a pounding headache now and I think it's because all the salt is absorbing what little water I have in my system........ I'll be fine i think, just hate the feeling, I thank you for your concern though mate. I can't manage more than a sip or two of water per couple hours or I get sick which kinda sucks in almost 100 degree weather sweating it out. I'm really surprised I was able to actually eat. First meal I've had in 2 and a half days.

I'm going to be like Richie Tenenbaum and take off both of my shoes and one sock during my shift....

Last edited:
Take your temperature before you drink any thing. No high temp, could be food poisoning. With a high temp, you are fighting an illness. But, it is suggested to keep your gstl informed on your condition because you are on the clock. Also check with the pharmacist too, they can help you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back