Archived Art of Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAS

Howdy fellow Targeteers!
I am in the process of creating my Thesis work for a Masters of Fine Arts. I have also worked for Target for the past 25 years so more than half my life has been spent as a target team member. The Thesis project I am creating is about the daily life of the team member and what they see at work thoughout the day. Odd signs, bizarre labels ( like BIMBO SOFT WHITE, or NERDS IN DIGUSE, wonka treats ) precarious placed clearance tags and horrible rewrap jobs, when guests spell out words with product or something that makes your store or you special. Things that you as team members may only notice. This is a call for crowd sourcing. There is no payment involved and I will not be selling the work. I will be reprinting it at 5x7 size so cell phone photos are perfect
My goal is to give you a voice and notice in an art gallery setting. This past december I passed out cards that quoted the cashiers talking about how they felt about asking guests about the red card, the goal was for the guest to understand that the team member isn't rude but their job depends on them asking about the card.
I will credit you as part of the project by name and store if you wish. Please send me photos or post them here or both for some examples The first photo is a shop dropping project where I printed tote bags with odd shelf labels on them and placed in various target stores for guests and team members to have for free other two are some types of photos I am interested using in this next project

post here or send me a PM with any questions or concerns
I can give you my email over PM if you'd rather email me it

Thanks again!
MM

s sdbag.jpg s2baf.jpg IMG_5610.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a couple random ones taken at work.

xNXDuWj.jpg

caEqgKx.jpg

Dunno if those help any.

Your project seems okay, but I wouldn't make your email and phone public. The area code can give away your location and thus your true identity. Have people PM you if they need said information. Target has been known to lurk here, and we've been shut down before. we are a very incognito community.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
Oh, right, I forgot that PDAs actually show that, sorry! Reuploaded, with a fairy decent removal of the store name and number, if I do say so myself ;)

Wow! Target has shut this board down before? That is just mean man, just mean. Are we in North Korea or something?

Wow! Target has shut this board down before? That is just mean man, just mean. Are we in North Korea or something?

Legal issues over internal documents and other such business. Most recently, they demanded access to the forum database and replaced the homepage with a redirect to target.com.

That is just sad and downright pathetic. Just another sign that I need to leave Target and cut all ties from this joke of a company.

Working on my undergraduate thesis right now in photography, so I know the pain. I'll see if I can come up with anything for you to help out.
You don't happen to still have any totes lying around, or interested in doing a reprinting? Those look awesome and I would totally buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back