Archived ASANTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im currently on vacation in Illinois, stopped near a couple different targets and found a lot of strange things. I know ASANTS, but I assumed things were minor differences. However, there were significant differences. One store, for example, had the electronics area to the left of the front entrance, as opposed to the back of the store, which seems like a terrible location. One store had no fitting room operator, and me and my friend tried on clothes for a good 20 minutes or so completely unsupervised, which seems like a theft waiting to happen.

Smaller oddities included the old metal carts, a large electronics boat with cameras and more drawer storage, flawless toy zones at 5PM including back walls, rows of pallets stacked full of water at P fresh, and a check out with no cashiers, but stools for them to sit on.

What sort of strange things do you have going on at your stores? Do you have anything like the things I've mentioned, and if so, what's the deal with your crazy weirdo Target?

Our electronics dept is next to one of the entrances. And our FRO also takes care of reshop, zone, and setting adjacencies for RTW. So they are almost never by the fitting room. We don't have pallets along the water wall, but I've been to a busy store that did and also had PIPO paper pallets along another wall.

My store's electronics boat is in the back but it still has cameras on it. We missed getting the updated boats that came with PFresh remodels in 2010 because we were in the first round of PFresh remodels (January) and they updated the electronics boats for the second round (April).

Also, some stores are still severely out of date. My sister-in-law sent me a pic a couple years ago of a Target near Denver that had an overhead category sign that said CAMERAS/FILM. Film. Which Target hasn't sold in forever!

My store's electronics boat is in the back but it still has cameras on it. We missed getting the updated boats that came with PFresh remodels in 2010 because we were in the first round of PFresh remodels (January) and they updated the electronics boats for the second round (April).

Also, some stores are still severely out of date. My sister-in-law sent me a pic a couple years ago of a Target near Denver that had an overhead category sign that said CAMERAS/FILM. Film. Which Target hasn't sold in forever!

We do sell disposable cameras again, though!

True! Maybe we will start selling film again too, like a nostalgia type thing. It could be a retro electronics endcap with camera film, Walkmans, corded phones, and maybe an 8-track player. Lol
There is a local chain in my area that sells camera supplies, including older stuff like film (there's a pretty good art school in the area so maybe that's why). It would be cool if spot started selling stuff like that too. I actually really enjoy film photography

There is that Fuji Film for the new Fuji 300s! lol

My store has electronics in the corner near the left entrance doors lol. Turns out it is a terrible location. We had someone recently come in and break the case holding apple merch and he got out with...a lot. I heard about it a few days later. Sounds like a lower volume store with that flawless toy zone too.

My store has electronics in the corner near the left entrance doors lol. Turns out it is a terrible location. We had someone recently come in and break the case holding apple merch and he got out with...a lot. I heard about it a few days later. Sounds like a lower volume store with that flawless toy zone too.
Hmm, I think you might be in my district. There was a Group that hit pretty much every store in the district and cut the iPhone displays, threatening several TM's who saw, and ran through the fire exits. Same group also hit 2 or 3 stores and smashed the glass cases and took all the Apple merch and cameras. They were up to 50 grand in damages, and were a call PD on sight, before they finally got caught.

Hmm, I think you might be in my district. There was a Group that hit pretty much every store in the district and cut the iPhone displays, threatening several TM's who saw, and ran through the fire exits. Same group also hit 2 or 3 stores and smashed the glass cases and took all the Apple merch and cameras. They were up to 50 grand in damages, and were a call PD on sight, before they finally got caught.
No one saw him do it. I guess whoever was in electronics was zoning across their department. They got away with 15k in apple goods. I was told that they were hitting other stores, not just Targets, in the area too. You on the east coast or west?

Our electronics is in the right of the right entrance. Someone was visiting once and told me there's like 4 basic setups for target stores, so I guess that explains the differences. We just got rid of the metal carts last year. They schedule our fro to start an hour to hour and a half after store open, and they leave up to an hour before close and sometimes they schedule a gap and if there's someone in hr (they answer phones at our store. We're there backup phone people which I know is another oddity), we don't leave the floor to cover it.

Ours is to the left, all the way to the wall.

True! Maybe we will start selling film again too, like a nostalgia type thing. It could be a retro electronics endcap with camera film, Walkmans, corded phones, and maybe an 8-track player. Lol

Sounds like a 4th Quarter salesplanner! Along with that retro Nintendo thing that's coming out.

I heard talk of an endcap with the old stand-up rotary phones and film projectors, and the adjacent sidecap will have parchment, quills, and ink bottles.

I have a rotary phone in my bedroom. It's only a problem when my drug store calls with a recorded message and I have to press any key to continue. Nope, have to hang up. I have a push button in another room. I retired from Verizon, free phones and landline.

No one saw him do it. I guess whoever was in electronics was zoning across their department. They got away with 15k in apple goods. I was told that they were hitting other stores, not just Targets, in the area too. You on the east coast or west?
West

I have a rotary phone in my bedroom. It's only a problem when my drug store calls with a recorded message and I have to press any key to continue. Nope, have to hang up. I have a push button in another room. I retired from Verizon, free phones and landline.

Is your phone one of these?

BS24H-Candlestick-Phone_300x300.jpg

One of my great-aunts had a candle-stick phone; first indoor phone she had.
It was an upgrade from the hand-crank one hanging in the shed built next to the telephone pole on their ranch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back