Archived Asked to go on a day off, and I can't really go because I have other plans can this affect me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked by my team leader today and asked me if I could change be off tomorrow and come on Saturday, but thing is I had already other plans can this affect me like my attendance or something? I mean come on! it's my first Saturday off in forever and I feel like I deserve going out Friday night (obviously I didn't say this)

"No, I can't come in tomorrow and work Saturday, I have plans."

It's as simple as that.

No, it won't affect your attendance as you are not scheduled on Saturday. That leader, depending on how they already feel about you, might be a little annoyed but whatever, they can't actually do anything.

You can't actually face any kind of discipline because of it. You're only required to show up to when you were originally scheduled. It might piss off your tl but he/she can't do a damn thing about it.

Just tell them sorry but you already made other plans.

But once you say yes, they will change your schedule and it will count against you if you don't show up.

Well, did you say yes or no to the schedule change? If you said yes, you have to show up. If you simply said no, you don't have to show up. If you want to change your mind now after saying yes, just call out. You would need to call out a lot to get any sort of write up or punishment. Just tell them something came up, they won't ask for a doctors note or anything (not allowed to).

they ask all the time. its not a big deal if you can't, we just move down the list.

the only possible thing is if you say no all the time, we're not going to ask you. sure this week you had 30 hours. if you're down to 10 and are searching for shifts, don't be surprised if you aren't being called in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back