Archived ATM next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
any word on the subject of the ATM next week? We had one a couple weeks ago. The rumor mill is a brewing. Any insight?

Our D.C. Has been real slow so far this year so people think it may be hours cut (even though they have been hiring like crazy) or shift change. Here's to hoping it's just all talk!

Just asked om about the ATM and he confirmed there is one and the subject matter is the future of distribution...soooo let the rumor mill turn.

Store here...what's ATM? You folks at the DC's better be ready for some change. I heard it direct from our RVP that distribution and logistics will see more change in this calendar year than ever before. Target has an inventory problem (the stores sit on entirely too much!) and if they want to survive in the .com era, the supply chain has to get more agile and lean.

Store here...what's ATM? You folks at the DC's better be ready for some change. I heard it direct from our RVP that distribution and logistics will see more change in this calendar year than ever before. Target has an inventory problem (the stores sit on entirely too much!) and if they want to survive in the .com era, the supply chain has to get more agile and lean.

All team meeting.

Your RVP has said nothing most of us don't already know from our last meeting and even the one before that. Just ready to see the change which, from what I was told, would be distributed in department team meetings. Interesting to call another ATM for it.

All team meeting.

Your RVP has said nothing most of us don't already know from our last meeting and even the one before that. Just ready to see the change which, from what I was told, would be distributed in department team meetings. Interesting to call another ATM for it.

As long as they don't change shifts it won't really bother me. They want us to be like amazon and that won't happen, ever. Shoot, they were happy that our shipping time dropped a half day, lol. Nowhere near the 2 day shipping amazon has, nor will it ever be.

As long as they don't change shifts it won't really bother me. They want us to be like amazon and that won't happen, ever. Shoot, they were happy that our shipping time dropped a half day, lol. Nowhere near the 2 day shipping amazon has, nor will it ever be.

It's possible. We already have GL's working mids

We had one a few weeks ago. That one was all about how a lot of buildings do things differently, so they're instituting changes so that all buildings are doing the same thing for a given process. Also, CE, as we know it, is going away, in favor of a system where your prod goal is based around everyone else's in YOUR building. At least, that's my understanding of it. Wasn't really explained all that well. Also a couple other small changes, mostly in trying to get us from start-up/break back into prod as quickly as possible.
Ninja Edit: Almost forgot, the priority drop is no longer a thing. There's now just one big label drop. Rapid rep still drops though, but I think Spot's working on getting in incorporated into the one big drop. Subsequently, HC freight is being phased out into CR or whatever is most appropriate).
Dunno if that's the ATM you're talking about, but that's all I've heard as of recently.

Last edited:
We had one a few weeks ago. That one was all about how a lot of buildings do things differently, so they're instituting changes so that all buildings are doing the same thing for a given process. Also, CE, as we know it, is going away, in favor of a system where your prod goal is based around everyone else's in YOUR building. At least, that's my understanding of it. Wasn't really explained all that well. Also a couple other small changes, mostly in trying to get us from start-up/break back into prod as quickly as possible.
Ninja Edit: Almost forgot, the priority drop is no longer a thing. There's now just one big label drop. Rapid rep still drops though, but I think Spot's working on getting in incorporated into the one big drop. Subsequently, HC freight is being phased out into CR or whatever is most appropriate).
Dunno if that's the ATM you're talking about, but that's all I've heard as of recently.

We had that meeting as well. It was the day 4th quarter numbers came out and the stock took a hit. We were told then that we would get more details on the changes in a dma in a few weeks. That is now an atm which leads me to believe more/larger changes are on the way.

Wal-Mart is now offering 2 day on select items... it will be fun to see how long it takes spot to catch up.

We got hit with the faster start up time too for the fdc. Kinda sucks when it already takes a while to get freezer gear on :mad:

We will never catch up. We can only hope to get to where they are today cause by then they will be light years ahead. Fast startups are silly. They want you to read the announcements on break, no one is on the same page with changes and the the gl's on b2 want their employees to choose their function between the first and second bells.

From a reliable source, the ATM is about all of the changes coming. Apparently there are more than originally anticipated. Dc's will look totally different within 5 years. The Dcs will either be primarily flow or reserve (not sure how they would accomplish this). And no shift change (as of now).

The Dcs will either be primarily flow or reserve (not sure how they would accomplish this).
I hope this isn't true. I can't imagine either scenario working.

If almost everything's flow, they would save a ton of payroll by axing the majority of warehouse, MBP and packing, but they'd prob need more bodies in OB. On top of that though, the stores would probably be drowning in backstock.

On the flip side, if the DCs become primarily for reserve, where do we put everything? As it stands, we push the capacity limits every year during BTC/BTS and fall season, so I'm not sure what we'd do with even more freight.

Further food for thought: In either case what would become of depal? And how does IB sync factor into it all?

I'll remain cautiously optimistic til I hear this ATM. I'm gonna bank on that they have a coherent and (at least somewhat) well-thought plan, that they'll likely roll-out in stages. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just shift change rumors were all I heard. Everyone is pretty tight lipped

It's going to be about their shift towards more .com sales. The wad a huge week-long exec meeting in Minnesota last week. Inbound is going to start ramping down their consolidated loads and become more dock oriented like it used to be. I've even heard that within a year or two ART could be done or just 1 line.

We had one a few weeks ago. That one was all about how a lot of buildings do things differently, so they're instituting changes so that all buildings are doing the same thing for a given process. Also, CE, as we know it, is going away, in favor of a system where your prod goal is based around everyone else's in YOUR building. At least, that's my understanding of it. Wasn't really explained all that well.

From what I recall its like grading on a curve. Which I understood (and have started to see it played out) if you're below the average (speed/quality ratio), you seek other opportunities outside the company.

One way or another we are on a very quick train to Target doing something about cost it can control. Be it improvements to processes, pay cuts, temps, schedule changes, I would also expect some big changes to management as well, I haven't seen management (GM and down) this stressed out since I started.

Good time to keep your options open IMO.

It's going to be about their shift towards more .com sales. The wad a huge week-long exec meeting in Minnesota last week. Inbound is going to start ramping down their consolidated loads and become more dock oriented like it used to be. I've even heard that within a year or two ART could be done or just 1 line.

Weird since they are spending a fortune updating art lines

So... fewer hours for flow team, backroom, and overall logistics in the coming years, it would seem. That replenishment goal is quite something.

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back