Archived Audit App

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
The new Audit App rolled out this morning and is causing storewide problems with the myDevices not being able to connect or freezing up.

Because we don't have enough TMs in each department, I've been doing all RIGs. Some of the things I've noticed with Audit:

Gatekeeper not connecting properly on all myDevices.

It only presents one item at a time . If you need to by pass the item and come back to it, is there a way to do this? I hit "Skip Item" to see if there was an option for this but th myDevice froze up.

No Backroom Locations are shown, and recent activity is not accessible from the Audit app (as far as I can tell at this point). This info comes in handy when doing any type of Research.

The system froze up again when I entered a quantity for an item and hit submit.

What problems are you having and do you have any solutions or work around for them?

Is this an update to the audit app or is this the first time your store has gotten it? We’ve been using it for awhile and it has its ups and downs.

If you scan something you already audited, it should show in green text in the upper right corner ‘audited 3 minutes ago’ or something along those lines. (It’ll also still have the green check mark)

Something I like but backroom hates is that instead of research batches, the audits roll into the autofills. This way, when overeager ETLs demand massive audits, they can’t expect you to also pull and push it all lol. It’ll hit the pulls and when it’s huge backroom will bitch and the reponse is ETL/STL made me do it. Yeah it’s shitty but the plus is it can’t be ignored and left sitting in the gun, it gets pulled. We previously had the problem of research getting done with no one to pull/push it.

Now we just have mancaf happy ETLs and pog batch happy TLs (I’m guilty of that)

Last edited:
This is our store's first day with the app. Didn't know until I signed on to the myDevice and none of the Leaders knew either (all Executives are out of the building).

The major problem right now is the connectivity problem. Just keep getting the "Something went wrong" message and wait a moment to try again, and to call CSC if the issue continues with the tag Audit -9004.

Went on Workbench and printed out the documents for the app. Apparently you audit Backroom locations when done with the sales floor. Learning on the fly here.

So who’s doing the audit? Sales floor? Backroom? Lol don’t you miss having an instocks team?

At this point we just have sales floor doing sales floor locations on the app. Backroom continues to audit their aisles on their own schedule. We have a weekly scans goal for the store and if we miss, the TL who’s department had the least (or no) scans gets chewed out.

Connectivity issues were resolved an hour and a half in. Pretty much clear sailing after that.

That audit is annoying when it makes you count stuff in the back and its not even there in the location. More modern day slavery. The LOD should be assigned to do audit. And get their ass freezing in that freezer when trying to scan!

Is this taking over from doing the audit with the PDA's like we've been doing for years?

Or is this strictly a salefloor thing?

The audit that we've always had is only backroom locations and there's no way to skip a location and go back to it.

When SFTMs do RIGS in Audit, it sometimes asks them to audit a few select backroom locations that contain the items they just audited on the sales floor.
On the version that rolled out to us yesterday, it only has you backroom audit the item that was just audited on the sales floor in each of its backroom locations. You do not audit every item in the location. According to the app documentation on Workbench, that task is supposed to be coming in the very near future.

I had a brief intro to this yesterday because I asked the instock TM about it since I have the same shift tomorrow and sunday. We will see how it goes without any real training or anyone letting me know about the new system

I had a brief intro to this yesterday because I asked the instock TM about it since I have the same shift tomorrow and sunday. We will see how it goes without any real training or anyone letting me know about the new system

If you have already done RIGs, it will be easy. Search "Audit app" on Workbench and you will find a link to a two page instruction guide. To me, the worst thing is HAVING to scan and enter the quantity for the item on the screen. You can't back out to the list of aisles, go to another aisle, then go back to the initial aisle and item(s) you passed over. Also, the list takes you through the store by aisle alphabetically not the way the sales floor is pathed in the system.

I really like the Audit app. It updates the counts almost immediately and actually tells you if the count won't be updated anyway (although if it says "it is blocked" there still seems to be a way to update it...)

If you have already done RIGs, it will be easy. Search "Audit app" on Workbench and you will find a link to a two page instruction guide. To me, the worst thing is HAVING to scan and enter the quantity for the item on the screen. You can't back out to the list of aisles, go to another aisle, then go back to the initial aisle and item(s) you passed over. Also, the list takes you through the store by aisle alphabetically not the way the sales floor is pathed in the system.

Can you change capacity on the new app?

The think I like is if you say there is 9 on the floor but the capacity is 6 (cause overstock on the floor) it asks you if you want to update the on hand and capacity or just the on hand and leave the capacity regular.
It should ask you to confirm the capacity if you want to update it though (think picking for SFS/OPU where the default is there but you can edit it before submitting). If 9 are on the shelf, capacity is set to 6, but 8 actually fit and one is in the wrong place, it's annoying - or Capacity is 6, can double stack so 12 fit and you enter in 9. Far more often than not in my experience, if its over capacity but the capacity is wrong, it isn't absolutely perfectly full.

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. While there are many good things, the time involved during manual audits as it "thinks" and then freezes is outrageous and totally messing with me. I also dislike that you have to go to all locations to audit when I'm manually auditing a specific department. I don't want to have to also audit locations in 2 other departments. They should fall into the task list the next day, IMO.

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. While there are many good things, the time involved during manual audits as it "thinks" and then freezes is outrageous and totally messing with me. I also dislike that you have to go to all locations to audit when I'm manually auditing a specific department. I don't want to have to also audit locations in 2 other departments. They should fall into the task list the next day, IMO.
You can skip the other locations; scan the next item and it’ll ask if you’re sure

Is there a way to delete old research batches?
Is this an update to the audit app or is this the first time your store has gotten it? We’ve been using it for awhile and it has its ups and downs.

If you scan something you already audited, it should show in green text in the upper right corner ‘audited 3 minutes ago’ or something along those lines. (It’ll also still have the green check mark)

Something I like but backroom hates is that instead of research batches, the audits roll into the autofills. This way, when overeager ETLs demand massive audits, they can’t expect you to also pull and push it all lol. It’ll hit the pulls and when it’s huge backroom will bitch and the reponse is ETL/STL made me do it. Yeah it’s shitty but the plus is it can’t be ignored and left sitting in the gun, it gets pulled. We previously had the problem of research getting done with no one to pull/push it.

Now we just have mancaf happy ETLs and pog batch happy TLs (I’m guilty of that)

I grab a pda & start working batches that look old. Most come up zero. Then, I use the move app to clear those batches.

So the RIGS roll into the auto fills? What about the manual audits that you are able to do on the audit app. Do those also roll into the auto fills?

So the RIGS roll into the auto fills? What about the manual audits that you are able to do on the audit app. Do those also roll into the auto fills?
I think so. They fall into he OOS batches and I think those clear every hour or so. I think when the caf batches generate, they’ll also pull what wasn’t pulled for those into the CAFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back