Archived Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I was offered a second job before accepting the job I went to my etl-hr to make sure that the schedule would be ok and she assured me it was fine and just to make sure I updated my availability. Fast forward to now, she called me in her office and told me I need to change my availability to be open when I told her I couldn't cause of my other job she said I needed to think about where my loyalties lie and that I needed to open up my availability. I told her that I couldn't that my schedule at my other job is a set schedule and that I had come an asked her before I even accepted the job and she had told me it would be fine. She tried to tell me she thought it was a seasonal job and I told her I had never said that and I was hired way before any seasonal jobs where hired for. We ended the conversation after this cause it was getting heated. Now the new schedule came out and it has me scheduled on one of my unavailable days, I went to our hr team member and let her know she scheduled me on my unavailable days and she told me our etl-hr told her my schedule was open now. Now I never changed my availability. I'm really upset set cause I feel like she is pushing me to give up one of my jobs which I need. I really don't know what else to do and this has me stressed out, I work on our Plano team and we have a normally set schedule unless we have some big set coming up which when we do my tl lets me know and I always work with them even and if we have a emergency I always try to be as flexible as I can. I now feel like I can't go to our hr even if I was having some problem. And I'm worried they will fire me cause I work two jobs and won't give them all of my time.

my availability is set right to accommodate my other job, but my etl-hr is telling me that i have to change it and give them the days. I don't know who to even ask if they can do that. They know that I'm unavailable because i have another job and i've told them that i can't change my schedule at the other job as i've talked to them about it and they told me no. I'm just afraid that i'm get fired cause i can't give them open availability.

If you are being scheduled outside of your availability, immediately tell your tl. Do not use swap shift because it is not your responsibility. This is why we schedule our availability so they in turn know when to schedule us. Your hr person needs to be reminded, by you or your boss. Verify your availability is correct before you bring down the hammers of hell!

My tl knows as the tel-hr also told her to tell me to change my availability also. I also let her know today that they scheduled me outside my availability and she told me that she didn't think they were going to honor my availability anymore but she would talk to the etl-hr on monday when she would see her. Is there any policy about this or anywhere its wrote down that i can get my hands on so when i see her on monday i can this straightened out. They are seriously stressing me out with all this nonsense. Its gotten to the point that the etl-hr told my tl that she just couldn't talk to me anymore cause i wouldn't change my availability and told my tl to take care of it.

If your TL understands and agrees with your availability, they need to work with HR to get this straightened out. HR is basically giving your TL a schedule where they know for a fact that they will be down a TM because you can't be there. If your TL can't work it out with the ETL-HR, then they need to get the ETL-LOG or STL involved. At some point, someone with the power to override the ETL-HR should side with you.

Ask your TL to pull up your availability in myTime to make sure it wasn't manually changed (you wouldn't be able to tell on your own).

If it comes down to it, see if your TL is willing to at least delete the shift that they scheduled during your unavailable time.

i just finished talking to my tl about it and was told that they aren't going to approve my availability anymore and she doesn't think the stl will either cause he wants everyone to have open availability and there isn't much she can do but to talk to the etl-hr on monday. The way they all talk its like I'm screwed and not much i can do about it. I just feel like if i took the time to ask if the schedule would be ok and was told yes an had the availability approved that they can't just say oh well and change it however they want, but maybe i'm wrong. I've tried looking for anything that has to do with availability policy but i can't find anything.

You are correct. Your availability was already approved. btw how long ago was that? Last year right?
This is really sounding like an issue for the hotline.

yeah my availability was approved in September of last year when i asked if it would be ok before i accepted the second job. Now 8 months later after i've worked hard at this other job and recently got a small promotion is my etl-hr making a big deal about it. I've even offered that if they need me on one of my days I'm not available then just have my tl ask me and if she can ask me a week or two before she needs me then i could probably work something about to make it happen as i have before many of times. But i don't know like i said the etl-hr is really being a pain...heck the conversation i had with her was more like her being a bully and telling me that i need to think about where my loyalties lie and how I'm not being fair cause even she doesn't get to work the same days every week and how no one in the building does so why do i think i should get special treatment. Our stl isn't the nicest guy but i will probably try to talk to him next even though i don't think he will care cause all he cares about is saving hours even if that means splitting up our 2 man plano team to different days so he can have coverage without having to bring anyone else in. Then want to bitch about why we can't get anything done 100%...

Yeah talk to your STL. Be calm, rational, and reasonable, and talk to him somewhere private if possible. Make sure he understands that TMs who are unavailable at certain times generally have other commitments, and that if he goes through with this, they will begin to quit.

That may be what you have to do. Is it fair? No. But if the STL wants it that way, it will take a lot to make it happen and it will be less stressful for you to look for another job.

This sounds very similar to what I have been dealing with. I have been continually scheduled outside of my availability, watch the hrtm change the time and when I come in am told that I am late. My availability has "accidentally" disappeared from the HR computer on 3 separate occasions this year. My availability in the system has been changed more than 5 times in the past year without my knowledge. (My time shows when I have submitted a request for a change in availability. That has been zero for at least 2 years.) My tl and etl (neither is with Target now) and I worked out an availability that would balance my home life, second job, and Target and meet the needs of all. The STL approved it. I have been told that I won't be able to get the hours I need if I don't open my availability and now they are scheduling other tms within my availability times to work in my workcenter and cutting my hours. I was told that they weren't "suggesting that I voluntarily demote", but that this is certainly an option if I want more hours within my "limited availability" (37 hours per week, but not when they "need" me.)

Yeah I'm job hunting hardcore right now cause i really don't know whats going to happen come Monday which really sucks cause i really enjoy the actual work i do and i've been at this store for almost 5 years but I'm just not down to work for someone who can act and treat people this way. Our store also has a really high turn over rate and they are suppose to be working on that but no one really try to change. I just feel bad that if i do have to quit that I'm leaving my "team" which is one other person all alone and she doesn't even enjoy plano she was con' into joining our team.

If you do end up leaving spot, make sure you note it clearly on your voluntary term form WHAT caused you to leave. Then put in a call to the integrity hotline just for grins.

Look at your availability on ehr & compare it to the recent schedule.
Print out your availability so you can prove what your availability is. They are messing with you! If they try to force you out, you would have a valid claim for unemployment. Don't let them bully you!!

Hr is avoiding a talk with my tl and myself but my tl changed my schedule and made sure the next two are right but really nothing has been solved when hr is avoiding you. Also does anyone know how to view your availability? I went on mutineers but the schedule on their doesn't show it and it doesn't show it on the change availability form. I did take pictures of this week an next weeks schedule which does show which days I'm unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back