Archived Back to school advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you guys scheduling tm there? This is my first year as a TL and I get the feeling no one knows how to handle it. They have these crazy expectations for only having ONE person back there. Basically daily right now they have one tm there doing the pulls, helping with truck, told to zone, audit, fill, then repush what was “back stock” (right now 5 full pallets) it just seems impossible but I want to make some tweaks or fixes to clean it up back there but also ease the mind of the tm who keeps being pushed over there.

My store has only one tm in bts, but that person mainly stays on the floor does not do pull , only reshop, my team does the push , pulls and backstock (logistic team)

Yesterday I saw 5 tms in back to school. All pushing and filling truck and pulls.

The front lanes were staffed too we had 10 of the 13 lanes open at peak hours.

We did 210k on a Thursday forcast was 190 k.

Dunno about scheduling, but keep it full. The fuller it is, the easier it is to keep straight. Idk what Target thinks, but I would fill holes with other product at this stage.

But we are super freaky, so that could be part of it.

We have 1 HL TM in BTS every day pushing, auditing, zoning. We haven't started sort/stock yet, so flow pushes truck back there. Get all dual locs out of stationery, in to BTS. Start flexing in empty spots. Like Fluttervale said, the fuller the better.

All of my hardlines shifts on non-truck days have been 100% BTS along with 2-3 other TMs (at least one of them from electronics since they've been overstaffed). On truck days flow hits BTS first and pushes all case stock + repacks. Trying to get through it with 1 TM would be n-u-t-s.

The caveat here is that we've had abnormally plentiful hours to play with.

All of my hardlines shifts on non-truck days have been 100% BTS along with 2-3 other TMs (at least one of them from electronics since they've been overstaffed). On truck days flow hits BTS first and pushes all case stock + repacks. Trying to get through it with 1 TM would be n-u-t-s.

The caveat here is that we've had abnormally plentiful hours to play with.
What is this non truck days you speak of during bts. ??

Dunno about scheduling, but keep it full. The fuller it is, the easier it is to keep straight. Idk what Target thinks, but I would fill holes with other product at this stage.

But we are super freaky, so that could be part of it.
Exception: please do NOT flex the prong folders in the non-prong folder spaces of the same color or vice versa. It's confusing for the guests who will end up returning the ones they accidentally bought of the wrong kind, and for your FFTMs who can't figure out why the item in the right location won't scan. Same with wide ruled/college ruled notebooks/paper and anything else that looks similar but is totally different.

Love, your friendly neighborhood SFS TMs

Exception: please do NOT flex the prong folders in the non-prong folder spaces of the same color or vice versa. It's confusing for the guests who will end up returning the ones they accidentally bought of the wrong kind, and for your FFTMs who can't figure out why the item in the right location won't scan. Same with wide ruled/college ruled notebooks/paper and anything else that looks similar but is totally different.

Love, your friendly neighborhood SFS TMs

It’s even sillier because a lot of those folders are up&up and have the DPCI right on the front sticker

At my store we have 1 TM throughout the day, 2 during peak times on the weekend. I don't write the schedule for hardlines though, so I don't know that the thought process is behind that. There's always so much reshopping and zoning that needs to be done it would seem 2 TMs all day would be best. To be honest, I don't think the ETL-SF really cares about hardlines, aside from Electronics and Beauty (the modernization areas).

We had two TMs back there tonight, but somehow I never saw them and ended up asking questions the times I ventured back with pulls.

But it's not like Flow is pushing anything back there, anyway, they favor overfilling stationery instead, so it's not like there's any product to zone or anything like that.

I just have to brag because I was in a district in Houston that I would never ever be able to dream of this but as of tomorrow we will have purged through all of BTS and it’s mid way through August!! We have only ncf and barely any bs 😭😭😭😭it’s so beautiful... yet it still feels like there is a million things to do... so I guess that feeling just never goes away no matter how well your doing... hmm... 🤔

Nobody has pushed ours much since we set it. Flow pushes to stationary first. I insisted on using a signing day the other day and the stl gave me a couple other tm to help. It helped. But nobody is scheduled back the. Not that it matters... push is life these days.

I just have to brag because I was in a district in Houston that I would never ever be able to dream of this but as of tomorrow we will have purged through all of BTS and it’s mid way through August!! We have only ncf and barely any bs 😭😭😭😭it’s so beautiful... yet it still feels like there is a million things to do... so I guess that feeling just never goes away no matter how well your doing... hmm... 🤔

That is beautiful!! What is the most efficient way to purge BTS?

If you have the hours-Have a few Tms push bts on truck days. Have tm specifically assigned to BTS to help zone, abandon and CAFs. Then have someone assigned to just zone at night. Then if its ridiculously heavy then do smart huddles.

That is beautiful!! What is the most efficient way to purge BTS?
Print the seasonal backroom location report. Go to said locations, locu location, repeat. Or if your store is good about keeping seasonal in your backroom seasonal aisles you can skip the report and just locu your seasonal
Aisles.

Lol come to dfw, won't specify town but our BTS was shit, don't know what the forecast was average for my store but I'm pretty sure we made less than 2K weekly. On the plus side, our backroom is cleaner than ever before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back