Back to school transition

Hi all,

Has anyone else been getting pushed extreme low amounts of BTS freight so far even with the set this next week? For the last few weeks we have gotten anywhere from 20-60 cases of pre-tied casestock along with 30-60 cases for office/stationery. For #6 repacks we have only averaged 8-10 a night in addition to 1 repacks of backpacks/coolers sorted from the sports #8 repacks and 5-10 "transition repacks." Sitting on 8 pallets of sorted transition but seem very light to previous years.

I am not complaining however wondering if the DC is going to slam us late somehow the week of the set. For the past month we have done 9 RDC trailers per week and this week was suppose to be 10 but they cancelled every double for measly 2k trucks we had unloaded by 12a and fully worked by 4a.

To everyone else getting BTS hit hard best of luck and keep on pushing!

My store has been light on freight compared to previous years. We have been getting other things dumped on us from our dc though. All the la croix, literally 6 pallets over the weekend. Two pallets of Clorox wipes 4 packs. 4 pallets of bleach. 3 pallets of everspring paper towels. All things that have no secondary location.
That being said we’re going up to 3 doubles a week so I’m sure we’re gonna get it sent to us soon.

We might be sitting on some leftover freight from last year but nothing that wasn't carried forward and sold through, maybe some paper. I am sure we are still to get the push of the "other stuff" but it still seems light compared to other years. We get anywhere from 100-200 cartons of la croix a day (we need gatorade, coke sent a pallet of powerade to blend to gap). We palletize all water off the truck if its above 150 cartons and we average 200-600 a day. Bev DBO are 2a and its done by 10a. Anyhow this BTS has never seemed so light. I have seen the BTC freight come in reasonable amounts but nothing to fret about. Mainly bulk DPT 2.... aka plastics...

allnew2, we are sorting BTS into 3 pallets because it is so light. send me 10 rdc's as scheduled. i wont complain about being light for unloand. 1 thrower, 2p1 sorters, 1 p2 sorter, and done %30 before finish time.

We are set already. Truck to shelf we get at least 2 pallets everyday
My store was told we cannot set anything until sunday 😑. We have cheated a little bit and set some areas without tying it but we cant put out merchandise. We also dont have a pml right now so i built a few gondolas myself. Everything seems so backwards rn from what weve been doing to stay ahead of the game.

allnew2, we are sorting BTS into 3 pallets because it is so light. send me 10 rdc's as scheduled. i wont complain about being light for unloand. 1 thrower, 2p1 sorters, 1 p2 sorter, and done %30 before finish time.
But if you are sorting it that means your store is not set yet. 10rdc is not that bad .

But if you are sorting it that means your store is not set yet. 10rdc is not that bad .

My store was told we cannot set anything until sunday 😑. We have cheated a little bit and set some areas without tying it but we cant put out merchandise. We also dont have a pml right now so i built a few gondolas myself. Everything seems so backwards rn from what weve been doing to stay ahead of the game.
That’s sad . Why was that ?

We're not starting until Monday. 🙄 I could have half of BTS set by tomorrow if they'd let me. Incredibly frustrating that some districts are allowing stores to remain efficient by setting now and others are told to hold off but then set like maniacs to have it done in 3 days.

We're not starting until Monday. 🙄 I could have half of BTS set by tomorrow if they'd let me. Incredibly frustrating that some districts are allowing stores to remain efficient by setting now and others are told to hold off but then set like maniacs to have it done in 3 days.
What is the reason that you guys are told to hold off?

Not given a reason just told to not set till monday and have it done by wednesday. We are already going to start a little early on sunday to set the lawn and garden area.

We are told to not start till monday too. Just setting lawn and garden area first sunday and maybe start bts. Will see how the weekend goes. All of our plano people are not scheduled till monday.

We moved lawn and garden last week and tied.
‘We set all of BTS aisles on Monday and Tuesday WITHOUT tying, doing data accuracy, pulling batches or pushing anything
We are setting and pushing off of pre-ties. I’m waiting until July 8 to formally tie ALL.
We are actually pretty happy about that because now all is set and when the freight comes in heavy we will not have to find room to stage - all is set and we should be able to push from truck.
‘We May have some ism to put up but that won’t interfere with pushing - hopefully by smart huddle.

I’m glad we were allowed to set early & also glad loads of merch wasnt delivered too early - always difficult to find space to stage until we’re are set enough to push
it‘s so much easier to GET the stuff AFTER it is set !

We are never given a real answer, only that "guests don't like to see the new set before the current one has passed." So they never let us set Christmas before Halloween for example because we'd be mixing holidays. I think the concern is that stores wouldn't set in a wave pattern and just set what is empty and could be mixing holidays together.

They've been doing this to plano for years and I can never get leadership to push back on it.

We were allowed to set the carry forward ODL but all the clearance is spread so thin it won't hold over the weekend.

We are never given a real answer, only that "guests don't like to see the new set before the current one has passed." So they never let us set Christmas before Halloween for example because we'd be mixing holidays. I think the concern is that stores wouldn't set in a wave pattern and just set what is empty and could be mixing holidays together.
Also guests don’t like to see empty aisles either . Setting ahead is only making money .
They've been doing this to plano for years and I can never get leadership to push back on it.

We had a double which was about 4200 together and out of all of that we only ended up with 2 pallets of staged transition.

Back