Background check for TL position

I have been offered a position as customer and engagement leader and I am waiting on my background check to come back. I have a misdemeanor charge in 2006. It's 2019 now. Will this charge come up on my background check???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have been offered a position as customer and engagement leader and I am waiting on my background check to come back. I have a misdemeanor charge in 2006. It's 2019 now. Will this charge come up on my background check???

Used to do HR and request background checks for another company and I don't think misdemeanors more than 10 years old showed up. Felonies did though. Not sure if that's standard.
Unless it's somehow related to what the new job is - shoplifting or lifting cash from a register would be of concern - but I think an old misdemeanor would be immaterial.

2serveandengage

Service & Engagement TL
Highly doubt it, but it probably depends on what the charge was for and if you disclosed it on the previous convictions questionnaire. I had a misdemeanor in 2010 for a traffic violation (non-violent, not related to drugs or shoplifting or anything), and I still passed the background check only 4 years later.