Archived Backroom help plz? Repeat question AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone plz tell me what i have to do as a target backroom employee. plz i have work in a a couple. first day without training. I know i have to do sheduled cafs hourly. does this mean i have to pull and push the merchendise to the sales floor myself? what hours are cafs on?

Can someone plz tell me what i have to do as a target backroom employee. plz i have work in a a couple. first day without training. I know i have to do sheduled cafs hourly. does this mean i have to pull and push the merchendise to the sales floor myself? what hours are cafs on?

no pulling CAFs u just pull merchandise from the system and stage it out for salesfloor tms to work to the floor, you dont stock the floor

CAF times depend on how your store is, my store for instance has CAFs every hour from 11-5, backroom is pritty easy, u just gotta be quick

Last edited:
As long as you know how to use SUBT and STO and you know what to pull, you should be fine. (I would offer more info, but I'm a front end guy.)

It depends on whether youre dayside or O/N BR. I can only speak for dayside (at an O/N truck unload store). At the open, you help out O/N with whatever backstock maybe leftover from the truck, then priority moves to pulling Instock's research batches, pulling plano's POG's and salesfloor POG's (tho the guy who dropped it sometimes pulls it; we pull it as courtesy), and pulling PTM's. At 11am, the hourly CAF batches drop on the top of each hour, until 5 or 7, varying on location. This is now the prime priority to finish before the next hour drops (which during Q4 means youre getting an awesome workout ;) ). In between CAF's, you will backstock, and run misc. tasks, usually GS requests and pulling a POG or EXF. Later in the day, you will pull Price Changes (6pm at my store, dunno if this is true everywhere) for the pricing team to ticket the next morn. Closing BR involves heavy backstocking, killing and condensing pallet spaces, and setting the line for O/N, if you know how to. Sorry if it's a lot to take in, but that's the gist of it.
Also, about pushing, it is NOT in your core roles as BR to push, however, during certain parts of the year and in lower-volume stores, you're bound to do it sometime just to escape boredom.

How big is the BR Day team for your stores, and what does each person do on a usual day (does everyone do pulls, or one person pulling while another BS)?

Our team has 7 people, and usually we just have a opener, a mid and a close, but for the holidays, we have an opener, 3-4 mids and 1-2 closers. When it's CAF time, everyone pulls, unless they drop under one hour in length (which almost never happens). BS'ing and other random batches are done in between CAF's by anyone who has the time to do so.

our backroom day team consists of ONE opener, and ONE closer, and im the closer on certain days, and we are a C-B volume store

Cafs, backstock, research, listen out for guest pull calls... You'll get the hang of it. Its stressful sometimes but I love it back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back