Archived backroom location accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no backroom TM, but I'm Elec TM, and I pull, backstock and do batches for elec and ent. The first time I did a lot of batches I made 12 baffles, and lets just say BR-ETL was not happy. After that, I try to be 100% on the reports, but sometimes we all make a mistakes. :girl_mad:

This morning I saw the report for thew last week, and I had 6 baffles, but I don't know from where? All I know, I pulled a lot from 'open stock' locations, and then press 'Y', after I checked there is no more that DPCI in that location. Can that be a reason?

Can somebody give me some advice how to stay 100%. I would ask my backroom TLs, or ETL, but their communications skills are not that good. :wizard:

Thanks

I am no backroom TM, but I'm Elec TM, and I pull, backstock and do batches for elec and ent. The first time I did a lot of batches I made 12 baffles, and lets just say BR-ETL was not happy. After that, I try to be 100% on the reports, but sometimes we all make a mistakes. :girl_mad:

This morning I saw the report for thew last week, and I had 6 baffles, but I don't know from where? All I know, I pulled a lot from 'open stock' locations, and then press 'Y', after I checked there is no more that DPCI in that location. Can that be a reason?

Can somebody give me some advice how to stay 100%. I would ask my backroom TLs, or ETL, but their communications skills are not that good. :wizard:

Thanks

2 things I want to make sure are clear to you (for some reason, this went right over my head in the beginning...sorry if I'm stating something you already know.
1. A baffle is when there is an item sitting in a location and the system doesn't realize it's there; a ghost location
is where the system thinks there is an item sitting in a location, but when you look, it isn't there.
2. When you are asked "Did you pull all of this item from the location?" it means that the number you typed in
exceeds the number that the system thinks is sitting in a location. To me, I feel, intuitively, that that question
should be asked when you type in a number that is less than what the system thinks is there, but that is
incorrect.
so, again, when you get that question, it means you are subtracting more than what the system thinks is available(or you are pulling an assortment, but lets not worry about that right now), so that would create a baffle. Are you positive you're not pulling more than what the system is telling you to pull?

If you are, lets say pulling 5 Xboxes for an endcap and you go back, see 5 of them and pull them and the system asks you if you pulled all of them from the location, that typically means that the system thought there were less than 5 Xboxes there. If that happens, make sure everything you've subtracted has the right DPCI. If you notice you pulled one with a different DPCI, go back, correct your counts and the PDA will be happy.

One thing to keep in mind, say the TM who backstocked those Xboxes hits the wrong button and types in 4 instead of 5. When you go and subtract 5, that will create a baffle, even if you've done nothing wrong.

That being said, you're new at this, so more than likely it is your mistakes that are creating the errors. Just be sure you are counting correctly when pulling batches or subtracting. Double check yourself. If you're sure your counting correctly, hit "y" with confidence. :)

Last edited:
I guess I'm a baffle - I'm here but leadership doesn't recognize me....

Most of the time baffles aren't your fault as the person who backstocked beforehand typed in a greater quantity than what was there... the report is mainly there to see who may be burning batches or who needs training; that is, deleting locations or typing random numbers in. If you baffle 2 times out of 50, it won't be paid attention to but 15 out of 50, yeah.

Doing the audit batches helps correct these errors. We were told at our huddle this week we were #1 in our district with complete\ing all audit batches and we are once again green in location accuracy. GTC to those doing the audit batches.

Doing the audit batches helps correct these errors. We were told at our huddle this week we were #1 in our district with complete\ing all audit batches and we are once again green in location accuracy. GTC to those doing the audit batches.

You corrected 89/89 locations. NOT GOOD :D

This is most likely not the issue, but as a previous backroom TM it can happen so I figured i'd mention it(and this goes to all team members). LOG OUT OF YOUR PDA WHEN YOU'RE DONE. If you just set your PDA down, someone else picks it up, they aren't going to take the time to log out and back in to do whatever it is they need. Someone else could baffle repeatedly under your number, and unless your PDA sign in/out is 100% brand(Which ive never seen in a store) it's on you.

There are very few backroom TMs with zero baffles in my store. Even my backroom TLs and top performers sometimes have an error or 2! An error is attributed to the last person who backstocked the item, but the reality is that the person who pulled the item could have done so incorrectly and, as such, attributed an error to someone else.

The best advice I can give is to double check your work and pay attention to all the details before you make anything final...especially those Y/N questions! Always check DPCI/UPCs to ensure that it's the same item being requested or located, and if it's small, easily interchangeable items make sure to rubber-band same DPCIs so they don't get mixed up. Also, sticking to 3 DPCIs per waco (or as close to as you can get) is really helpful, as is making sure you're not backstocking similar items in the same location (i.e. apple phone charger and nokia phone charger).

Glad to see you're focused on improving your personal accuracy! Keep accountable and ask for help if you aren't sure what to do. I don't care how grumpy your backroom team is, they know what they're doing (or at least I hope the TL does).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back