Archived Bad labels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if all DCs get their label stock from the same paper vendor or not, but have any other DCs been getting poor quality labels? My DC has been getting them for about a year and a half now, before I never remember any issues, but since last year the tear strip with the DPCI/store location isn't manufactured correctly and causes the labels to occasionally tear in half when peeling them off, or the backing of the tear strip just flies off littering the floor of the DC and making it so the store TMs can't use the tear strip.

Yeah, I think they made them thinner a while back. Usually I only have issues with the labels just above every other fold, and figured I complain about enough petty stuff so never brought it up to anyone.

There's one type of label we occasionally get. It's orange part is lighter, almost manilla-colored. Those bastards are so flimsy and poorly made, that they just LOVE to tear off (or worse, peel off) inside the printer while printing. Had one peel off a few weeks ago while printing and completely tore off the gap sensor.

I've been wondering about this, our store's FDC labels have been pretty terrible for years now. I would say nearly a third to a half do not scan (and are nearly impossible to read) making it more annoying to push, backstock and process mis-picks. It seems like all of them are coming from a printer thats toner should have been replaced about 10 years ago.😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back