Archived Bad scheduling coming back from LOA and want to quit now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! So I just finished my semester at school and I am going back to work tomorrow after being on an educational LOA but since I have been put back on the schedule I have had so many issues. When HR first contacted me in October asking about dates I'm available in December I purposefully told them that I wouldn't be able to work the days after Christmas but I could still work xmas eve and all the days before. I got no response to this email and the schedule just came out and I'm scheduled all the days I said I wasn't available. Of course when I talked to HR about this I got the typical response that it's too late and I'm responsible for those shifts now, which I get but I already know I'll have to call out for at least 2-3 of the shifts that week.

Aside from that, I have been completely taken off the schedule accidentally twice now. The first time I went in to get it fixed and HR changed all my hours around but at least I still got them back. It happened again today so I don't even know when I'm supposed to go in this week but I don't understand why this is happening? Do any HR people have any idea why someone could just disappear from the schedule after it has been made?

Anyway, after hearing about how bad my store has gotten while I've been gone in addition to the scheduling inconveniences, I am considering just calling it quits after 2 years at my store. The only issue is that I want to leave on good terms so I'm assuming I'll have to wait until after my multiple call-outs after xmas so I'll be rehireable? I'm not sure how this all works but from what I've seen you have to attend all the shifts of your two weeks in order to be rehireable? Does anyone know if this is true? Thank you!

Usually, but you can always talk with a store you want to be hired at in the future, honestly do what you need to do.

I had multiple SL-TM's go on LOA for school who reached out to come back for the holidays. They all wanted morning shifts only. They all specified they wanted multiple "key" days off between Xmas and new years. It's frustrating. To me the point of coming back to a retail job for the holidays is to support the store during the the actual holidays as any other TM that didn't go on LOA would do. I'm guessing your HR had a similar midset and was attempting to schedule to their business needs.

Anyways for at least one tm, her shifts continued to get deleted despite me adding her multiple times. I asked my sr.HR and he suspects either our HRtm is assuming the tm is still on LOA and is accidently deleting or the system is auto deleting due to them not being "released" from LOA in the computer from HROC. Accidents happen. There is no malice behind it.

There is an option to quit on the spot for valid reasons and still be rehirable. Speak to HR about it. But I kindly suggest not naming your recent schedule issues as the reason you would like to quit, but still be rehirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back