Archived Bakery Team Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

antivibe

Salesfloor TL
I'm officially being moved out of the Salesfloor and into Bakery!

I'm excited, but definitely nervous since everything is so new to me. I know very close to nothing about the workcenter and I won't be receiving any training soon. I'm being thrown in for two weeks, then heading to another store afterwards - which makes no sense. Two of my peers used to work in the Bakery and my team members have all been working there for years.

Do any of you have any tips?
I haven't seen many bakery-related posts, so I hope someone can help.

Haven't seen a Target with a bakery, or a deli for that matter!

Someone has faith in you!

Bakery!! Wow never even knew we did that!! Only a matter of time before we fixing cars and watching baby sitting!!

Meant to say watching kids. Typing to fast.. I'm sure you'll do fine..

I can see the huddles now!! One big call from the Dayside or Overnight Daycare leader.. "Good morning/evening children.." Billy, is Billy present?? Micah, Jessica?? Hahahahah

If Your running just a bakery, and you have a solid team. You'll have it fairly easy once you learn the job duties. Of its both deli and bakery, well we should all send our prayers.

I still haven't had any training, other than working along my team. It's honestly a million times easier than my old position. I ended up getting a pay raise,
even though I'm getting less stress. I just have to worry about food safety training, QMOS, and a few other things - so not worried as much anymore. It would have been nice if another Bakery TL was on this forum :(

I wish I could help you but honestly I've never been to a Target with a bakery. It sounds like an interesting position though.

If you still have any Bakery or general food area questions, @antivibe , ask away! I'll answer as best as I can and dig for answers when possible.

Sorry to bump up old thread-

Is anyone a Bakery/Deli TL ?

Just trying to figure out what the position entails. I was told to expand my TL options.

Sorry to bump up old thread-

Is anyone a Bakery/Deli TL ?

Just trying to figure out what the position entails. I was told to expand my TL options.
It look like the deli/bakery TL position is as fictitious today as it was back in 2016.
@Nokiddiegloves , why not express interest in a Cart Attendant TL position?

Well hello old thread!
@Nokiddiegloves
Working in Deli/Bakery as a TL means that you will be expected to order SAP items, like cleaner and paper towels, not to mention new hardware such as knives and baking sheets. You may also be the one to order things like frosting, things to bake, and cake/cupcakes for decorating. On Deli side, that would be ingredients for items made in store and hunks of meat/cheese to slice for guests. The most important thing, from what I've seen, is to figure out how to either keep your areas mostly Steritech compliant or how to make it look really good on the surface on short notice, so they don't usually look too closely.
Specific questions are better, but those are the things I've skimmed off the top of my mind as what makes Deli/Bakery different from other TL positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back