Archived Barista training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my fellow caffininated people . I was wondering when training a new barista. Is there a particular order that the training goes in . I just want to make sure I train my new people right.

FIRST OFF - Give them a cup that they have to keep until they memorize the exact positions/order of the options boxes!!!

We always went over the more common routines first: sequencing, coffee brewing, food handling/warming, etc. Then the difference in steaming milk for a latte, flat white, macchiato, and cappuccinos. Then we got them through the book before they got any more training behind the counter. The person that trained me in said they started this training routine because she noticed that when they (the trainees) have some knowledge of what goes on behind the counter, getting through the book is so much easier.

It starts with the “First Sip” which is done by the TL or the LS Leader. That’s when you are introduced to your leader and they share something about themselves and their time with the company as well as go over what material you will learn and assess any prior experience that could be applicable to the learner’s training. Then from there you follow the training plan and learning cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back