Be aware this season of potential fraud, fellow TMs.

Scammers getting people to buy gift cards is nothing new. I warn many people. Sadly they are so convinced that they won't believe us most of the time. They also get people to buy gift cards at CVS, Walmart, Gamestop, the local grocery store.

If you get a phone call from spot corp, asking for a confirmation of a gift card. Say no & let me get the lod for you.
I made a guy so mad a few years ago because I was like “yeah sure no problem, I just have a line at GS.” Put him on hold. “Okay, I’m ready now just let me find a gift card.” “Wait which one is the gift card number” etc. It was a slow night and I was bored lmao but the scammer was pissed off I wasted all his time

I made a guy so mad a few years ago because I was like “yeah sure no problem, I just have a line at GS.” Put him on hold. “Okay, I’m ready now just let me find a gift card.” “Wait which one is the gift card number” etc. It was a slow night and I was bored lmao but the scammer was pissed off I wasted all his time
A great story. My tech person got one & said, I can’t heard what you are saying more than once. I laughed like something crazy. The call ended after that.

I always like the troll those scammers on the phone and waste their time. Every minute I mess with them is another minute they're not stealing money from someone.

It's sad though, many victims are vulnerable. I hear many stories especially about people with Alzheimer's falling victim to it.

Back