Archived Becoming PA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brizzy93

SFS TM
So a few hours into my p-fresh shift, my CTL asked me if I would be interested in becoming a PA. I know what it generally is, but it's one of those positions that I don't know much about. What does being a PA fully entail? We have 3 other PAs right now, 3 guys. I read that it's similar bitch work to GSA. I am on the bench for team lead and this might be a step in that direction.

as the perishables assistant, you will become more bitter than you can possibly imagine. yes, it is definitely one of those bitch positions like the GSA. the positive side is that depending on your leader you will either be left alone to do what you want for your shift or you will be nagged constantly. you will also be sent into nervous breakdowns over the appearance of steritech

I don't know. PA was probably my favorite position. The job entails making sure product is fresh and rotated, maintaining the area by keeping shelves full and flexing where necessary, cleaning, and pushing. I didn't have to zone dry market, but some stores do have their PAs do that. Store order is another responsibility so if you are to be assigned thaft, you have a big impact on the profitability of the area.

Personally, I would stay on the bench for TL. You don't want to get stuck in a (bitch) position when you're on your way to management. That's just me, though.

If you are already on the bench I would say don't do it.

In my Store, the better job you do as a PA the more invisible you are (or become).

I think ASSANTS applies here. PA wasn't difficult for me, and led to being more visible. In a super, you have various team leads to spread the weight.

Thanks for all the input! I don't mind the occasional p-fresh shift, but I don't think being p-fresh all the time is something I wanna do. I dunno :oops::rolleyes:

Just stay on the bench your ctl is just trying to get you to stay at your store basically it's something that my district used to pull when I was a TL

Just stay on the bench your ctl is just trying to get you to stay at your store basically it's something that my district used to pull when I was a TL
If I became a TL, I don't drive so it would either be me staying at my current store or moving to the other one close to me. STL knows this too. I don't think that's why my CTL asked me... probably

Personally, I would stay on the bench for TL. You don't want to get stuck in a (bitch) position when you're on your way to management. That's just me, though.
Becoming a PA doesn't pull you off the bench. The OP can still become a TL.

Becoming a PA doesn't pull you off the bench. The OP can still become a TL.

Your right It doesn't but if your performance is affected by your new position it does affect if your ready for a team lead position or not that's really how my district was again ASANTS

I don't know. PA was probably my favorite position. The job entails making sure product is fresh and rotated, maintaining the area by keeping shelves full and flexing where necessary, cleaning, and pushing. I didn't have to zone dry market, but some stores do have their PAs do that. Store order is another responsibility so if you are to be assigned thaft, you have a big impact on the profitability of the area.

If only I could be so lucky as a PA or rather...PA by title CTL by actual work with PA pay SMH.

Doesnt help we get 85ish hours a week to try to get everything done but then opening and mid day working huddles can take UP TO 1 and 1/2 HOURS every day its rediculous. Its alot of work maintaining and zoning Dry Market along with having to do BR SDA, BR backstock, and plano stuff sometimes

Last edited:
I know. However, it can slow down upward mobility due to lack of visibility to leadership.
If the area is red and you're able to get it to and keep it green, that's a big win. After I was PA, I moved to a store as backroom and got the very red coolers and freezer up to green, maintained those, and worked to improve other bad spots in the back.

Also, PAs can directly affect how that area does in sales. Positive comp is big.

I think PA is a great stepping stone to TL. I've seen two of my co-workers promoted from there and my experience there really helped with my promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back