Archived Being fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo. I'm new to target so I'm still on my 90 day probation.
I need y'all to be honest
So I called out sick two times but they were both late... one was bc I was sick and the other was because I lost a family member. Is that considered a NCNS??

And then tonight I just got off my shift so my friend who also works here came in to hang for a bit,
So on our way out we were being a little stupid and I guess we mightve broke the automatic sliding doors by like pushing them a little, not too hard though but they like stopped half way and so we left.

I'm scared that the LOD or anyone saw and is like alright that's the last straw.

I'm terrified I'm gonna be dropped so I guess I gotta start calling saying I'm willing to pick up and take over any shifts if needed to show how committed I am

Doors go back easily. They're made to do that. As a cart attendant I've had to push it back into place a lot. Its a good innovation, actually.

but they were both late... one was bc I was sick and the other was because I lost a family member. Is that considered a NCNS??

How late. Longer than two hours? If so thats a ncns. Asants but we would have fired you. Especially the one being sick. Nothing wrong with calling out, but not communicating is unacceptable.

I'm terrified I'm gonna be dropped so I guess I gotta start calling saying I'm willing to pick up and take over any shifts if needed to show how committed I am

No one can really tell you what will happen. My store wouldn't keep you past your 90 but some will.

The door thing isnt the issue, the issue is why you didn't own up and tell someone you guys broke it. You guys just left for someone else to figure it out? Dumb.

You seem to care about keeping this job, start acting like it.

How late. Longer than two hours? If so thats a ncns. Asants but we would have fired you. Especially the one being sick. Nothing wrong with calling out, but not communicating is unacceptable.

No one can really tell you what will happen. My store wouldn't keep you past your 90 but some will.

The door thing isnt the issue, the issue is why you didn't own up and tell someone you guys broke it. You guys just left for someone else to figure it out? Dumb.

You seem to care about keeping this job, start acting like it.

yeah you're right. ill tell them when I go back in on Monday. and no it was like 30 or 40 minutes late. my one friend who's been working at my location says its hard to get fired here like you really have to mess up but idk I am new and still learning the ropes but I'm not gonna use that as an excuse for my irresponsibility every now and then. I'm just hoping they understand mistakes happen, ya know?

yeah you're right. ill tell them when I go back in on Monday. and no it was like 30 or 40 minutes late. my one friend who's been working at my location says its hard to get fired here like you really have to mess up but idk I am new and still learning the ropes but I'm not gonna use that as an excuse for my irresponsibility every now and then. I'm just hoping they understand mistakes happen, ya know?

Yeah you want to make a good impression. It's hard to get fired after your 90. In your 90 it's as simple as - "things aren't working out, please turn in your discount card and ID"

NOT just Targets...

Other big box / whatnot stores...

Most jobs have some kind of probationary status.
I even wind up going back onto one every time I get promoted, which is kind of a pain in the ass, and ours lasts a year.

Most of the time the doors can be put back in check very easily. But it would help if you reported it to the ETL right then.

If you know you are sick let your store know within 2 hours of your shift.

Loss of family - Target has a bereavement policy (especially if its a blood relative). Let them know as soon as possible. You are allow to miss to a X amount hours if already scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back